And instead it looked a bit more like this....
Which may have left me looking a bit like this....
And then eventually like this.....

Next year....I am hoping to keep the stress of the holidays in check....and focus on what is really important......
So, the New Year is upon us....and I have so much to be thankful for. The year 2012 was nothing short of remarkable for Ryan and I. We have made great strides in our marriage...without a doubt we are happier and more in love than we have ever been. We have stumbled...we have fallen....but together we have found ways to make it back to where we want to be.
2013 promises to be our best year yet. February will witness our fourth child...our first daughter Gracie...being brought into the world. In March we will celebrate 1 year of ttwd. In June we will celebrate our 13th year of marriage.....and at the end of the year Ryan will graduate with a degree he has been working very hard on for some time. It is a year that is bursting with happiness waiting to emerge....and I am so glad I get a front seat to watch it all unfold.
I often wonder what in the world I did so right....to deserve the blessings that I have. I am honored to be married to a man that loves me much more than I often deserve. I have three handsome little men in my life, and a baby girl on the way. I have my health....and the health of my family.....and of course....all of you who have helped me in more ways than you will ever know. There is no way Ryan and I would have made it this far without the support of my fellow bloggers....and those of you who have contacted me who do not blog....but have reached out in friendship. From the bottom of our hearts....we thank you.....your kindness was something that was totally unexpected....and we feel truly blessed.
So, here is to 2013.....May all of you have more blessings, love and joy than you know what to do with! That is my wish for you!
Much love my friends ........
Counting my blessings is one of my favorite math problems 😊. Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead!
ReplyDeleteHi Stormy :)
DeleteYep, definitely a good thing to remember all the ways we have been blessed.
Happy New Year to you and your family!!
You have so much to look forward to in 2013 Lucy - I am very excited for you and Ryan. :)
ReplyDeleteWishing you, Ryan and your growing family a Wonderful New Year.
Blessings,
Cat
Hi Cat :)
DeleteThanks so much...we are very excited to watch this year unfold.
Happy New Year to you also!!!
~Lucy
Yes, you do have so many blessings!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you all!
Hi Minelle :)
DeleteI feel very fortunate, that is for sure!
Happy New Year :D
~Lucy
Happy new year!!
ReplyDeleteHi Renee :)
DeleteThank you very much. I hope you have a wonderful New Year as well!
Oh Lucy, my heart burst with happiness reading this. A year of many blessings and milestones for you both ... and bringing little Gracie into the world ... such a wonderful blessing. I am so excited for you and Ryan.
ReplyDeleteWishing you all a Happy and wonderful New Year.
Hugs
Roz
Hey there Roz :)
DeleteSo much is on the horizon...hard to believe we have a little girl on the way! We are both pretty excited :)
I hope you and Rick have a fabulous 2013!
Hugs back at ya....
Lucy
A year that started with so much happiness, must be great.
ReplyDeleteHappy 2013 for all six of you!
Hi Bas :)
DeleteAll 6 of us?? Wow...it is sinking in we are bringing a new life into the world.....I think we are still a bit in shock!
We are so happy in the place that we are in right now....hope it continues!
I wish nothing but the BEST for you and Lisa this year...
~Lucy
Hey Lucy, Many blessings and even more happiness in 2013 for you and yours!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Hi M3 :)
DeleteI wish all the same to you my friend! Here is hoping 2013 is full of nothing but the best for you!
Hugs...
~Lucy
Note to self, don't read blogs hung over...I am bawling like a baby over here!
ReplyDeleteI love you two so much. I'm so excited for you both!
Much MUCH Love
Willie
Wilma, Wilma....
DeleteYou crazy lovable nut! I would offer you a tissue, but I think a pillow might be more appropriate ;)
We love you right back!!!
Love ya much..
~Lucy
So beautiful Lucy!
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting year ahead. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous...my "baby" is 7 now :( I really miss that baby stage sometimes.
Happy New Year! Here's hoping you have more joy than you know what to do with :)
((((Hugs))))
P
Hi P :)
DeleteWell, if you miss the baby stage THAT much....you can take Gracie's 3am feeding...bwhahahah!
No, I totally understand what you mean. We thought we were done after our last little guy...and I was a bit sad about it...and now we have this little girl on the way!
Happy New Year to you and John also! I have enjoyed getting to know you this year....
Hugs...
~Lucy
Many blessings indeed, Lucy. I'm with Pocahontas, our youngest is 7, and I miss those tiny baby sounds against your shoulder and those warm little fingers, I loved the early morning feedings, the world stops and it is just you and that tiny person, so precious.
ReplyDelete(((hugs))) and Happy New Year, and brightest of blessings for you and your family!
We put together her little nursery tonight....and it is becoming more and more real to me! I can almost see her in her crib....and feel her curl up on me....ahhhh :)
DeleteHappy New Year to you too :D
May your blessings continue:)
ReplyDeleteBea
Hi Bea :)
DeleteThanks so much :)
Wishing you and Levi a blessed New Year as well!
~Lucy
Lucy-
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy your back! What an exciting New Year ahead!
Betsy:)
Hi Betsy :)
DeleteIt feels good to be back!!! :D
It will be exciting...that is for sure!
Happy New Year to you my friend :)
~Lucy
Happy New Year to your whole gang, Lucy....
ReplyDeleteYou must be so excited about holding your little daughter in your arms. What a blessing!
We had a lot of changes in 2012 here as well, and they are all genuine blessings.
hugs sweetie
lillie
We are very excited to meet her :) It is unreal to think that she will be here very soon!
DeleteThe changes are amazing aren't they? So glad you started blogging so I could follow your journey :D
Hugs....
Lucy