
Nesting.....sigh......not like the big guy above.....we are talking Lucy's version here. The past several weeks have seen me having meltdowns over unorganized pictures from.....15 years ago....yes really. Taking dishes out of the cabinets and incessantly wiping the shelves, and killing every dust bunny I can find within the city limits. I could go on....but I will spare you all the gory details. I have no idea how all of that is supposed to be helpful when the baby is here.....I am pregnant....I never said I was rational! I am sure I have been a load of fun to live with....pray for Ryan when you get a spare moment...okay??
And let's not even talk about how long it has been since I have seen my own feet. I am waaaaay past this whole pregnancy thing being cute....and have moved straight to the hippo retaining water faster than the Titanic look. I gotta be honest....I am over it! What I am still loving is the pink explosion that has taken over our house. Although, I have to confess....one night I woke from a deep sleep.....and began to panic....because we had NO........pink blankets. Yes, really. It makes no sense to me either. I am a walking hormonal mess in sensible shoes....because my "cute" shoes no longer fit :(
Which brings me to my next item....computer limits. I never thought in my life I would be typing that. I love my computer.....I mean really....looooove my computer. I am not a big TV person.....I don't read real books....remind me some day to tell you all about being banned from the library....good times....
I find myself reading and commenting on blogs.....I love Facebook.....and I follow a cooking blog or two......all of those things....well, they take time. And Ryan was becoming concerned that I was being sucked in.....and that perhaps I was letting things slide around here. Between you and me....you know....because he doesn't read here.....he is right. So, now he has broken up time for me throughout the day. I am getting a lot more done.....spending quality time with the boys.....and Ryan and I are sitting together on the couch again and actually talking to EACH OTHER!!! Imagine that??
The last little item on my agenda to talk about.....is our off roading experience of the past few days. Off roading.....that is what Ryan and I have named our little moments when ttwd takes a hike. It can happen for a number of reasons.....this last time I know was stress related. One of our little men....has come up against an obstacle....and Ryan and I are trying the best that we can to face whatever comes our way. Our little man will be fine...as will we....but I realized for the first time how much Ryan has a need to fix everything. The issue that we are dealing with...is essentially.....out of our hands....and Ryan does not deal with that well. His stress manifested itself in an angry outburst.....leaving the house mad. And my stress came out as tough girl....who does not need/want anything or anyone. Tough Girl and Mr. Fix-it do not like each other at all.
In the old days....it would have taken those characters daaaaays to work this out....and get back on the road again. Miraculously....Mr. Fix-it found the remedy for all that ailed us....on my closet floor. Lose your submission....check the closet. Feeling a little feisty.....you will lose that quickly....in the closet. Feel the need to take on the world by yourself.....you will soon come to your senses....in the closet.
So in short.....I have learned....I am a nesting hippo in sensible shoes.... who has an unhealthy computer obsession.....and has a husband who feels the need to fix things when we go off roading.....and most importantly.....has a closet that holds the answers to all the world's problems....who knew?
That sounds like a rough ride. I'm glad you know where to look to find the answers. Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
TL
Off roading is always rough....but yes, we found our way back :) Thanks for stopping by :D
DeleteHugs....
~Lucy
Sheesh it DOES get hard to think of something to say when well you already know what I have to say.
ReplyDeleteEverything is going to be fine, just like you said. You keep nesting if it keeps your mind distracted....
I'm here for you, as you know, always...
but I'm going to just stand over there...away from the closet. Heck Um you can find me downstairs, looking for dust bunnies!
I love you!
Willie
Hi Wilma :)
DeleteI appreciate you always being around...really I do....
Life seems to be testing my resolve lately....and yes....nesting is a distraction.
You are welcome to come kill dust bunnies any time you want ;)
Love ya....
~Lucy
I hope things are okay with your son! I know that when things happen with our kids we panic.
ReplyDeleteNesting.... I remember those days! Exciting but emotionally draining.
Hope you and Ryan are good now.
Hi Minelle:)
DeleteOur little man is going to be fine....we have some testing coming up....nothing serious...but you know...any little thing with our kiddos can send us into a panic! Thanks for thinking of him.
Ryan and I are hanging in there...life seems to be throwing us a few curve balls....but we will weather the storm....that I am sure of!
~Lucy
Lucy, you really need to clean out that closet! You are storing waaaay too much in there! ;)
ReplyDeleteI loved this post! And tell Mr. Fix-it he is doing a great job!
Love ya!
Betsy;)
Hey ya Betsy :)
DeleteYikes....my closet can be a creepy place ;) I mean really....is there no other place for he and I to have our "chats"??? I can't even go in there to find my sensible shoes without thinking of what really goes on in there.....hahhaha!
Mr. Fix-it is quite a guy!
Love ya back.....
~Lucy
Great post Lucy and you described nesting very well. Breathe and keep your eye on the prize...healthy little girl will be here soon.
ReplyDeleteSorry, but it does sound like Mr. Fix-it fixed everything...in the closet.
Sending you both best wishes...from over here next to Willie, while she's looking for dust bunnies. Hey Mr. Fix-it...she's in the perfect position... ;)
Blessings,
Cat
Hey Cat :)
DeleteNesting is exhausting I tell you! I am doing my best to breathe...and yes...Gracie is worth all of this and so much more!
Mr. Fix-it is quite pleased with his ability to turn his wife into Mrs. Submissive.....bwhahhahaha!
Like I said....you and Wilma can come over and kill dust bunnies any time you wish....but yes, stay clear of the closet ;)
Hugs....
~Lucy
Hey Lucy
ReplyDeleteYou have a closet that fixes all the worlds problems? Wow!! I remember those nesting days quite well...even if it was so very, very long ago :)
And as the saying goes...you will be fine, Ryan will be fine, your children will be fine...and you know what..they will be :)
Hugs Lucy
Hi Hez....
DeleteIf the leaders of all the nations had to have one coming to Jesus moment in my closet....I am almost positive we could solve the world's problems ;) HA! Well, my closet may not be THAT magical....but it does seem to cure me of all my ailments!
Yes...you are right...we will be fine. Life is getting bumpy...but I believe in Ryan and I. That is all that really matters :)
Hugs...
~Lucy
Hi Lucy,
ReplyDeletethis may be a little too inquisitive, but what exactly did he find on that closet floor?
Does it count as nesting when my pregnant daughter orders everybody around her to do some work on her house?
Hi Bas~
DeleteHere is my best advice....treat you daughter like a stick of dynamite in maternity clothes and sensible shoes.....do whatever she asks....back away slowly....and nobody will get hurt! ;)
Ah, my closet....maybe I am the one who finds things on the closet floor...seeing as how I become quite up close and personal with a certain section of said floor during our "chats". My closet is a very mysterious place :)
Oh Lucy! I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time. But glad thSt Ryan has been able to keep things on track ;).
ReplyDeleteComputer limits! Yuck! John me ruined in passing yesterday that I would have to go to bed earlier...my response was on so submissive...shut up! Okay, okay so maybe I piped up with a "we don't have bedtime rules!" And John in his usual calm voice said "no my lady, but we could". Really? Where do they get off thinking they can just go making up rules like that? Lol
And one more thing! You look beautiful! I know that these last fees weeks you don't really feel if most days, but it'll all be worth it very soon
Hugs
P
Hi P :)
DeleteWe are back on the road again....and that is a good thing! I have not been very gracious about this computer limit thing....I am trying. Listen P....don't remind him about what rules you do or do not have....you are just asking for trouble my dear! Any second now...John will find the rest of his superhero costume...to go with his new powers....and then you are toast! I am so uplifting...aren't I?? :)
Thank you for the lovely compliment. Ryan still thinks I am pretty...bless his heart...he says pretty....I say puffy! ha!
Hugs to you to my friend :)
~Lucy
Awe, hang in there Lucy, you're almost there! I'm glad Mr Fix-It managed to ... well ... fix things (sorry, I couldn't help myself).
ReplyDeleteI hope things work out well with your son. Sending you every best wish.
Hugs
Roz
Hi Roz :)
DeleteMr. Fix-it is quite the handy man! ;)
Thank you for thinking of our son. He will be fine....I insist...this is just a little storm we have to weather.
Hugs....
~Lucy
Lucy, You're almost done sweetie...I hated nesting...I would always get these impulses to clean late at night when I really should have been going to bed, but couldn't until I cleaned out the entire pantry...ugh. You rock those sensible shoes! You are in the home stretch now:) I am so glad things were answered in your closet...I gotta search mine...I don't know if there are any answers in there:) I am sorry about kid issues...that is stressful...hope it all works out and that you stay out of the closet:)
ReplyDeleteBea
Hey Bea....
DeleteYes, in the homestretch now...thank the Lord! I am getting tired....and the nesting is exhausting....you are right about that! I found some half way sensible bright blue and pink sneakers that make me feel not so blah! I am doing my best to rock them...with my yoga pants...hahaha!
I never knew my closet was so magical...I tell ya...Ryan and I have solved a lot of problems in there!
As for our little man....this is a small bump in the road....and we will get to the other side. Thanks for thinking of him.
Hugs...
Lucy
ReplyDeleteHi Lucy,
Yeah, the last months of pregnancy are tough! You have a magic closet? I haven't found anything terrific in mine! And yes, the computer can get just a tad addicting, but then we DO need the support to do TTWD...balance, right? It's harder to balance when you can't see your feet though! ;)
Sara
Hi Sara...
DeleteThanks so much for stopping by. I have read a lot of your blog...before I ever got the nerve to tell Ryan about this whole way of life. I am so glad you blog :)
My closet....it is the chosen place for....as Ryan puts it....our "chats". Funny not a lot of chatting goes on ;) But it is magical in that a lot of our problems are solved in there!
I may tell Ryan about your balance comment...it is true...I cannot see my feet to save my life! But yes, too much of a good thing...is NOT good! He knows the value of the people in this community....and for that I am thankful. We have been helped by so many wonderful people.
~Lucy
I'm confused. Not that this is difficult to do these days. And Lucy I hope your son is okay. You didn't tell me you were expecting a little girl! Guess who's going to be spoiled to death! And two big brothers? I hate to tell you, but I only ever felt the 'nesting' syndrome about a week before giving birth! Hope you got those blankets...
ReplyDeleteAnd next - the closet. We call them wardrobes when they look like the above. Is that yours? If it is, it is the tidiest wardrobe I've ever seen! Think I'll make an appointment to clear mine out this coming week! Next, and I'm entirely with Bas on this, what was on the closet floor that solved you problems, because all I have on my closet floor is shoes!
You simply can't leave me hanging like this. I am wracking my brains.
As for computer time, I think it's coming to this in this household soon. I'm becoming like the thief in the night. If Starman appears suddenly I have a tendency to pretend to be dusting around it....
I hope you have some answers for me.
Many hugs, Ami
Hi Ami....
DeleteSorry I confused you! Our little man will be fine...this is a bump in the road. We are expecting our first little girl at the end of February...and we have three sons. Don't feel the need to keep it all straight...heck half the time I have no clue what I am doing....and yep...got the blankets ;)
On to my closet....the one above is just a pic off the computer....mine is not that organized! My closet is where Ryan has decided is the best place to spank my behind when need be. I tried to find a better way to put that....but heck....I'll just lay it all out here! So, saying that he finds all our answers in the closet was my poor attempt at sarcasm! And I suppose I am the one that sees way more of the closet floor than he does....considering I am the one in the awkward position.
I was never smart enough to pretend to be doing anything else....like dusting....call me Mrs. Obvious....sitting in a chair with the lap top!
I hope I cleared things up!
Hugs....
~Lucy
Hope the last stretch goes by fast for you! :) Pink is always fun. :) And glad that Mr. Fix It was able to help. Would love to hear the story about the closet, as I think I got lost somewhere in the brief overview. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Es May :)
DeleteThe whole pregnancy has went by fast! Pink is new to our house....with three little guys running around....I am the only one who has pink anything!
Oh my the closet....it seems I have confused the masses here! See my response to Ami above for clarification! Sorry about my poor attempt at sarcasm in the blog!!! :)
Hi Lucy!
ReplyDeleteI am left wondering if I should be sad or glad that we do not have a walk in closet. :)
Lots of little stuff adds up to bit stuff, especially when you can't see your feet but it sure sounds like one man is helping out. It's not so long now and there will be a bouncing baby girl. LOL, we are all pretty excited for you.
Hope the testing with your little guy goes well. That's stressful...you just want the best for them.
Grr...big stuff not bit stuff. That happens all the time!
DeleteHi Susie :)
DeleteI am conflicted about the closet as well....but I do know that if we didn't have a place to have our "chats" I would be a mess allll the time. Sigh....
Ryan has been so good through all of this...we are definitely on the countdown for her arrival :) We are pretty excited ourselves!
Our little guy will be fine...thanks for thinking of him....kids just worry you to death!
Oh Lucy, I remember the nesting impulse very well. I started about 3 weeks before delivery every time, and it is an unbelievable surge of energy, isn't it? I don't think our home has been that clean since. Ian has a room designated as his "problem solving area". I dislike going in there, even to dust.
ReplyDeletehugs sweetie
you are in the home stretch now, soon that little sweetheart will be looking back at you :D
love and hugs
lillie
Hi Lillie :)
DeleteNesting is exhausting....but yes our house is quite clean :) I feel the need to velcro the boys to the walls so they don't mess up all my hard work! ;) I have been a de-cluttering extraordinaire.....the kids and Ryan all run to get their precious possessions when they see me break out the trash bags. I am sure I have been a joy to live with.
Yep....homestretch.....we are definitely on the countdown....and we sure cannot wait to meet her!
Hugs and love :)
~Lucy
LOL, I remember those days of being desperate. With our youngest, I was 2weeks overdue & asked the midwife to induce, she said (all cute-like) "Let's wait till you're desperate". I restrained myself from grabbing the collar of her lab coat and said - "Look st this face.... I AM DESPERATE!" She however remained non-plussed.
ReplyDeleteMy midnight panic was waking up, thinking I had lost the baby. (Our oldest wasn't born yet mind you). You see he was palm-sized, I believed, and I thought he was lost in the bedclothes. There I was on my hands and knees looking under the bed for mini-baby,crying my eyes out because I was a rotten mother,lolol.
I wish we had had a magic closet then :-P But when you are holding that little baby in your arms, with that lovely scent and the soft warmth, and those lovely yummy baby sounds - you'll forget all about how hard it was.
(((hugs)))
Hi June :)
DeleteTwo weeks overdue?? Dear Lord.....I would never make it!
I hate the dreams about forgetting the kids...or leaving them somewhere....the panic....and then waking up and realizing it was all a dream ;)
We are definitely on the downhill swing here....our little bundle will be here before we know it!
Hugs....
~Lucy
Hi just foun your blog. So hi.
ReplyDeleteAnother twin mummy and you have three boys and waiting for the princess how nice. I have twins and have four kids but I have two of each.
The closet thing made me laugh, my hubs has just built me one in our bedroom, hope he doesn't see this and get ideas. He was saying how much space I seem to have in there and that we could have a party in it. I don't think I'd like to look for answers on the floor in it lol
Nesting is hard, specially when you have little ones who destroy the house as soon as you've cleaned it.
Wish you lots of luck and happy hormones and that you can see your feet soon x
Oh wow! Another twin mommy...they are fun aren't they? :)
DeleteDo not give your hubby any ideas about the whole closet thing...you definitely would not be having a party in there ;)
I sometimes think I should velcro the boys to the walls after I clean...that way they cannot mess it up!
Thanks for the well wishes....I am going to update my blog list and visit your place soon :)
~Lucy
Been there myself unfortunately! I started using through internet before taking care of the home! Needless to say I ended up with a computer limit, breaking it often ended up woth me having a ban. But somehow over time my beloved doesnt check my limit, and nither do I. Having said that, it no longer comes before anything. I guess that's one battle he won!
ReplyDelete