It has been a week since we brought our little angel home. Gracie's delivery went remarkably well, and I was able to come home without any heavy pain medicine....which is a blessing when you have three little boys waiting for you at home! Those first few days I was so tired....I had forgotten what a sweet little newborn can take out of you. We have had plenty of "girl time" at 2am...3am...4am...well, you get the idea ;) No really, she is the perfect fit for our little family. The boys can run by her swing....yelling....bouncing balls.....playing Power Rangers....and she does not flinch! And she has that intoxicating smell that only comes with a newborn. Every woman reading this knows exactly what I am talking about. They should bottle whatever that smell is and sell it....someone could make a killing! I told Ryan....if Heaven has a smell.....it is whatever is all over a newborn.
One of my bloggy friends asked me earlier in the week if I was back to my old feisty self yet. My first response was...who me? And my very next response was that I was so dang tired I could not fight my way out of a paper bag. And then....it happened...earlier in the day he asked me to do something and......I rolled my eyes! Oh Gosh, it felt sooooo good! I mean (in case he is reading this *wink*) I should not have done that. But really, I felt a little bit of spunk start to seep its way into my veins....a little spring made its way back into my step....and Ryan swatted my bottom a few times. All was right with the world again :)
So I guess my fears of a few months ago...that ttwd would crumble and die once the baby came....were completely silly and unfounded. Granted, he started treating me like I was made of glass when we got home from the hospital. At one point I was so exasperated with him I yelled (yes really), "Quit babying me!" To which he responded that he was not babying me...he was taking care of me...and if I knew what was good for me....I would do as he asked. Sheesh!
Earlier today I was having some fun with him....you know....poking the bear with a stick....just to see if he had any HoHyness left in him. He grabbed me in a big hug and looked down at me....and then I saw it....he slowly raised one eyebrow and gave me that look....and I heard my mischievous giggle slip out of my mouth. I asked him if he was ready for me to bring back the sassy back...to which he responded: Babe, that is not a question that you need to be asking me....that is a question you should be asking your bottom. Question answered....sassy is back...and so is Mr. Bossypants!
Oh you silly, stupid girl! I love ya!
ReplyDeletewillie
Apparently I need to start screening my comments...STUPID?? And somehow you think it is okay if you tell me you love me after....hmmmm. Silly...yes....heck I'll even take stubborn....sheesh! For some reason...I love ya back ;)
DeleteOh my, Lucy...is your bottom really ready for you to be bringing the sassy back and poking the bear?
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Cat
Well, as Susie said...it is March...prime bear poking season ;) No, I am feeling great....much like the old me. I promise to let the sassy seep our slooooowly ;)
DeleteLoL Lucy, glad to hear all is right in your world, and that my Bossypants is very much around :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your little treasure. I'm so happy for you!
pst -(I'll whisper in case any HoH's are 'listening) " eye rolling is such fun isn't it? ... just sayin he he
Hugs,
Roz
Hi Roz....
DeleteOh, the eye rolling...it can be such fun....I mean under the right circumstances ;) Mr. Bossypants is back...I am not sure he ever completely left the building! I guess I am glad of that! We are enjoying Miss Gracie....she is such a sweetie :)
I won't tell Rick what you said about eye rolling...promise!
Hugs....
Lucy
Oh Lucy what a wonderful time for you! I am envious of everything but the night feeds! I remember that smell of a newborn baby so well!
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear you are getting some 'Sass' back, although I am sure Ryan will be gentle with you to begin with. I am practising rolling my eyes because I don't do it and don't really know how. So I am standing in front of a mirror, and the trouble is that you can't watch yourself do something like that because your eyes are not staring straight ahead! LOL!!! You see, you never stop learning in life!
Lots of hugs,
Ami
Hi Ami :)
DeleteI have got to tell you....your comment was the highlight of my day. I nearly died laughing thinking of you attempting to learn to roll your eyes :) Being the good friend that I am....I tried to find a video tutorial to send you...but so far, I have come up empty handed. If I find anything cool online I will email it to you....Starman can thank me in advance ;) I hope to goodness I NEVER quit learning or having fun with ttwd....
Hugs....
Lucy
AAAWWW to the beautiful new baby and to getting your sass back along with Ryan's last comment. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteHi Sunny :)
DeleteI agree about awwing over the baby....but Ryan's last comment...not so much! ;)
No, things are going well here...almost back to normal...thank goodness.
Congratulations on your new baby girl and of course on getting your sass back ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you very much :) I am not so sure Ryan is as enthused about the sass as he is about the baby :)
Delete@Ami...Hahahahaha :) Practicing..that made my day.
ReplyDeleteOk Lucy Lou,
I can so relate to the 'Oh gosh it felt sooooo good'! Sometimes we just have to 'let go of that Miss Sassy Sassy!
Sounds like you are starting to feel like your old self again..barring the lack of sleep :)
Hugs
Hi Hez :)
DeleteAmi was totally cracking me up with her comment too!
Somehow I knew that you would relate to my joy of finding that I could still roll my eyes with some sass ;)
Hugs....
~Lucy
LOL LOVE that you felt good at rolling your eyes, loved the censor comment incase your hubby was reading! hahaha And ask your bottom, very good advice. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt feels very good to be somewhat back to my old self! Amazing what a little sleep will do for you!
DeleteOmg you love the new baby' smell, I live it so much, it's like a drug, any time one of my friends has a baby( in my circles we all have at least three or four babies) I go round to have a sniff lol
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're getting back to "normal" life again. Having a new addition to the family is always a bit scarey, but once you get over that fact, very thing just gets so muh better.
Enjoy your time with your princess and don't let miss sassy out too many times, night time feeds on a sore bum, could get uncomfortable lol
X
Hey Missy :)
DeleteSadly, the smell is wearing off :( It is so sad! I absolutely love that smell...it does me in every time!
Things are definitely back to normal around here...not sure whether to celebrate that fact...or not! ;) No, I am very happy to have found a little bit of my sass!
Well it is March...definitely bear poking season. LOL girl, you are going to get your bottom swatted.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are enjoying Gracie and that she has fit in perfectly. Of course we all knew she would!
I need to learn to quit poking the bear! I am now putting down the stick...and backing away from the bear...very slooooowly ;)
DeleteWe are so enjoying Grace. She is such a perfect addition :)
Congratulations on your newest treasure Lucy! Yes, feeling better does wonders for a girls sass!
ReplyDeleteSara
Hi Sara :)
DeleteAww, thanks so much :) We kinda adore her!!
Yes, I feel so much better....not sure my behind would agree ;)
~Lucy
Oh, the new baby smell. God, I love it - and I envy you for having it right there.
ReplyDeleteAnd of course dd is going to be fine, you have a HoH with an itchy palm by the sounds of things. ;)
hugs
lillie
Hey Lillie :)
DeleteIf I could bottle some of this smell and send it to you....I would. Sadly, I think it is starting to fade....and Ryan is so not on board with a fifth child....what is wrong with him anyway...ha!
The man has had an itchy palm for a full week now...someone needs to find a better way to scratch that itch.....
Hugs...
~Lucy
Congratulations Lucy!! Oh my goodness, so exciting. I know without asking that the last week or so has passed by in the blink of an eye for you guys. It sounds like he is taking care of you in ALL the ways that you need him to, which is great to hear. Hugs to you and your family:)
ReplyDeleteHi Tess :)
DeleteHe is definitely taking care of all of us....and paying very close attention to his wife who is a bit full of spunk these days!
Hugs...
~Lucy
Just catching up....I'm a little late, but had to tell you that I am glad that your spunk is back :)
ReplyDeleteHi Bea :)
DeleteMan, I hear you about the catching up...I am so behind in my blog reading it is not even funny! I am glad that my spunk returned. I was thinking it was gone for good...turns out I was just tired ;)
Hugs....
~Lucy