It's two hearts....one dream....I wouldn't trade it for anything....and I ask the Lord every night....for just another day in paradise.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Like offering a cigarette to an inmate before execution....

Well this is not the post that I had intended to publish today.  I was going to tell you all how much fun I have been to live with the last two weeks (insert sarcasm here).....but instead I get to tell you why my behind is in for it in T minus 4 hours and 30 minutes.....

From time to time I like to send Ryan cute little emails while he is at work.  It is something I have started since we began ttwd.  He enjoys them....and they take so little time out of my day....so I try to send him one 2-3 days a week.  You know, I will write a line....add a cute picture....and voila! He feels loved :)  

I may say....I miss you today......   




Or......I can't wait until you come home so we can do this.......



See how cute....and sweet....and NICE my emails are??

Today my very creative man sent me an email of my very own...complete with pictures.....illustrating why I am going to get IT tonight when he gets home.  Apparently I was.....in his words.....a little snarky....when I was trying to figure some things out this morning. Here is what I found in my inbox this morning:

Lucy,

First of all, I know we might not have a chance to talk before I have to go to work today. I do not want to cause a scene in front of the kids.  So I am writing you a  note.
I do not appreciate when you jump to conclusions about me so fast (like my schedule this morning).


I just needed a couple of minutes to think about it.
 

You let that get you distracted, and you chose to be a little snarky.
The old me, which started to come out today, would have started to kiss your ass to get you to stop. And that would have led us down the road to another argument.

That's not happening today.  



Your behavior was unacceptable, and will be dealt with when I get home from work.


I love you,

Ryan

The above is the real email he sent me.....and then he left to go to the store.  While he was gone he asked me to read it.....and then he came back with a chocolate Easter egg and a nice card.  I was a little perplexed by the gesture....especially considering what is going to happen to me later (in around 4 hours now....).  I looked up at him and said, "You know this is like offering a cigarette to a person on death row before you pull the switch, right?"  He just smiled and said he still loved me....even when I am snarky.

35 comments:

  1. This would be SOooo funny if it wasn't going to end so badly for you. I will continue to mentor you and in time you will find your angelic self. ;)

    Betsy;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy my dear.....Please keep your mentoring to yourself! I get in enough trouble on my own!!! ;)

      Love ya :)

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  2. OMG I just don't know what to comment on first-- Your post or the fact that Betsy seems to be 'off the wagon' again!

    It really is quite sad that she has taken on, in her mind, my persona. Oh well once she sobers up, something Brice is quite good at, I'm sure she'll be fine again. Well as 'fine' as she can be :)

    As for you? Meh, this is a typical Tuesday isn't it? ( Oh people Lucy and I jest like this all the time, it is not a hurtful comment :) )

    Love ya lady. Remember this is what you signed up for. Ryan was kind enough to remind you how things would have played out before ttwd. Think back a year when you were 'patiently' waiting for him to pick up ttwd...lol

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Play nice Wilma....you are going to have all of these people thinking Betsy is a lush! ;)

      Typical Tuesday??? I thought you were my friend....I am not *that* bad! I can almost hear you snorting reading that ;)

      Sometimes I wonder what the heck I was thinking signing up for this....I am not exactly what one would classify as "naturally" submissive...sigh....one day I will get there!

      Love ya!

      Lucy

      Delete
  3. I think the card and the egg shows tons of care and love...I do hope 'it' isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle :)

      The card and egg were very nice....it was all just very odd. I have never had to wait like that...and *it* was not terrible :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, see, this is the role my husband is starting to step into, usually he would kiss my butt too, but now it's starting to switch. So I am sorry, but all I could do was laugh! Though, your poor bottom later!!! Hoping it's not too tanned when he's through! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Es May :)

      I am so glad you could laugh at my impending doom!!! hahahah! No, it is kind of funny...the messes I get myself into...sheesh!

      Good luck with your hubby....and all of that stepping up he is doing!

      Delete
  5. Oh dear Lucy :(

    I'm guessing you got your your ass well and truly kissed, ehem spanked by now lol
    But I thought the email was sweet and the Easter egg, wow I get a you're going to be soooooooooo sorry when I get home :( no last cigarette for this jail bird lol

    Hope it wasn't too bad, and you feeling better today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Missy :)

      Aren't you clever?? No, no a$$ kissing around here my friend....but he was a kind, and merciful tyrant....it was not too bad :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Lucy, Oh dear :( It seems Mr Bossypants is indeed in fine form. I'm sorry for you behind and hope it is more of a reminder.

    These text messages can be a double edge sword can't they? I love YOUR pics btw ... not so much the ones Ryan sent you LoL. I think it's wonderful that that he also gave you the card and egg. A sweet gesture to show you that although he has made this decision, he does love and care for you.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz :)

      Mr. Bossypants I do believe has superglued the pants on...along with the HOH hat and matching cape! Dear Lord.....

      I agree with you...my pics were so much better than his! I did enjoy my chocolate as I was left to ponder my fate.....the man does love me!

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  7. Well hi there feisty! Ryan sure seems to have a handle on how to send a text/email with a message. Wow...my own heart fell into my stomach when I saw the picture of the closet. Then MM read it and he chuckled. MEN! He loved that he brought you chocolate but I'm sorry that you had to wait.

    Waiting myself today. Grrr.

    I hope it went okay last night and that you are all reset and having a very good morning without any snarkiness...or sorebumness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feisty??? You cannot possibly be referring to me....right?! And make sure you tell MM that I love how he chuckled at my impending doom....what is with these men?? I mean really....

      I thought Ryan's email was kinda cute too....until I saw the last picture...and then my stomach was right there with yours....I can say this was a very effective way for him to get his point across!

      Here is to better days ahead for both of us :)

      Delete
  8. Oh Lucy...I hope your ahem closet time wasn't too bad. Maybe you should have saved the chocolate for during:) I hope things are better this morning.
    Hugs,
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bea :)

      Ah, well it wasn't terrible! ;) I cannot imagine me eating chocolate with all of that going on would have went over very well....although you did give me a good laugh reading this!

      Hugs...

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  9. Hi Lucy,

    I hope that it wasn't too bad of a spanking! Ryan sure was creative with his email, and then the chocolate, and the card and sentiment! At least he told you in style! LOL! Waiting couldn't have been fun... I hope that you have a much better day today! :) Hugs!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie :)

      Well, like I told him...he was a kind and merciful tyrant...it could have been a lot worse!

      I agree the man told me in style...it surely was effective...I am now leery of all things in my inbox that come from him! ;)

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  10. Oh dear. The chocolate and card were very nice gestures, but the email, while creative, must have been very unsettling. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace :)

      I agree the chocolate and card were great....could have lived without the email!!

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  11. Oh my...he totally turned the tables on you Lucy! Very creative:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tess....

      It was creative! Grrrr! How dare he steal my ideas?? :)

      Delete
  12. Waiting myself today :( Hope The Silence brings chocolate and a card. Love the way Ryan let you know with the email :) Hope it all went ok..well, as ok as anything can be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hez :)

      The wait is horrible....this was my first experience waiting like this...NOT a fan! I am hoping that The Silence did indeed bring you chocolate and a card!!! :)

      Delete
  13. Yikes! From ass kisser to full fledged HoH in a year. Mornings are so hard! I think there should be clemency granted to anything said or done before 10a. C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clara....

      Well that is one way to put it! He certainly does a little more than kiss it these days! ;)

      Mornings are hard....and with a newborn I am so darn tired...but I still need to be better about how I talk to him....working on it! :)

      Delete
  14. It was cute that he did the email, kind of acknowledging that it is how you communicate to each other - it shows fondness and affection, believe it or not. And I don't particularly find the chocolate perplexing. It's his way of saying that even correction, when necessary comes from a place of love.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June :)

      I guess I found it perplexing because in our old life....he would still be mad at me about the way I acted. This was so different. He let me know I was wrong, what he was going to do....and then forgave me and dealt with it later. It was certainly effective that is for sure!

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  15. I think the emails are lovely especially the puppy. Snarky is a nice word isn't it?! Hmmm... and another thing that makes me laugh out loud is that when I look at your idea of a closet, and then think about my wardrobe, well, one of us is going to Narnia that's for sure.

    Just look on the bright side Lucy, you'll feel all good and warm pretty soon. Then no more lovely words like Snarky! See, easy peasy.

    At least you got an egg!!!

    Many hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami :)

      I love the fascination you have with my closet....it cracks me up! I certainly do not go to Narnia in there...that is for sure!

      Yes the egg was nice...the rest I could live without!

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  16. At least you got chocolate. It fixes lots of things. Maybe not a sore behind, but it can help. :D I'm glad you are in such a good place even if you are in trouble.

    Hugs,
    TL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TL....

      Chocolate does cure a lot of things...but yes, not a sore hiney! Ah, well.....

      Hugs...

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  17. How did I miss this post. It is so adorable. :)
    Although Ian would never send me a text so adorably cute, I have been told most of the things that he texted you....just in not so cute a format.
    I especially cringed on the "jumping to conclusions part..."
    Hope you enjoyed your egg :)
    hugs and love
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lillie :)

      I love how you all think his little email was cute....warped sense of humor I suppose! ha! :)

      I thought his email was kinda cute too....until I scrolled down and saw the last picture....and realized the clock was ticking on my "execution" date...dramatic? Yes!

      I have heard a lot the last few weeks about not jumping to conclusions...and not thinking that I know what is in his head....sigh....it has been a long, long road.

      I did however....enjoy the egg :)

      Hugs and love back at ya....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete