It's two hearts....one dream....I wouldn't trade it for anything....and I ask the Lord every night....for just another day in paradise.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The NewlyRed Game.....Starring Ryan and Lucy

Questions for Lucy: 
What would your husband say was the last thing you did, that made him give you 'the look'?


Oh dear....I get that look so often....I think that is what he would say....something snarky about the fact that I am the receiver of that evil glare many times a day.

I don't know it happens too often.  Do you all see what I am dealing with here?  Sigh.....

What part of his body does your husband discuss the most?

This is an EASY one...his elbow....and NOT for the reason you all think!  He had a bad injury to that area....and it hurts a lot.  Of course, living this way of life with a feisty girl probably does not help matters much ;)

My stomach.  Are you for real here? How many times a day do you complain about your arm hurting??  And again people....because of an old injury....NOT because I am a wayward wife ;)

If I could burn one (non implement) possession of my husband's and get off Scott free, what would it be?

Oh my, my, my.....the possibilities are endless here.  BUT I think I would have to go with these God awful white basketball shoes that he has had for YEARS....he keeps them around...."just in case".  Like what?  Michael Jordan is going to show up at our house for a pick up game??  I think not!

The snooze button on the alarm clock. Well, to be fair his answer is a better one.  He hits that darn button 3-4 times a morning.  And, he did remind me...the shoes I mentioned are gone...sorry Michael ;)


What shape would your HoH say your backside is: an apple, a pear, a pancake or never noticed...too distracted?

I would have to say a pancake...this baby has no back ;)

An apple.  I had to go investigate in the mirror....I have no idea where he gets that....but it is better than my answer...so I will take it!

Nothing makes me sassier than.......

Wait....what?  I have to have a reason??  Oh my...lots of things make me sassy....that is who I am!

Me telling Lucy what to do.  Well, yes that is at the tippity top of the list!

If my family knew we were in a Dd relationship the would A) Be mortified B) Be intrigued and ask questions C)High five my Hoh and tell him it was about time!

Well I would die...does that count?? I WOULD DIE....okay anyway....if my family knew they would probably crack up laughing and then C.....they would pick C because they are all traitors.

They would be mortified.  Really??  I think my dad would shake your hand....seriously.

When my husband does (blank) I wish I could spank my mother in law.

When he wants to bicker at me about little unimportant facts.  Like I may say that I remember that we went somewhere last May.  He will say...no, that was in June....we never went to such an such place in May.  Drives me freaking bananas....little insignificant facts get picked at....gah!  His parents have been married 48 years and they do this.....I cannot take it!

When I pick at my toenails.  I do not blame your poor mother for that! Nope....I only want to spank you for that one!  Well, no not spank....maybe just bop you upside the head....that may get me spanked though!


When making whoopee, my husband's theme song should be A)I will survive B)Dancing with myself C)Wake me up before you Go Go D)Shook me all night long....

First of all, can I just say that I hate the term "whoopee"?  Okay....now that that is out of my system...I would have to say...C.....and now let me explain....well, maybe not....let us just suffice it to say....I am a complicated creature....and well....it takes women longer...okay?  'Nough said! ;)

Shook me all night long......Oh honey...four kids later....we don't have the energy to shake anything all night long!


If (blank) was an Olympic Sport, my husband would take Gold....

Sleeping.  Period.  End of Story.  The man can sleep through anything. Refer to pic above ;)

Procrastinating.  Oh boy....this is true.  Unless of course, it involves spanking his wife.  Then  he is alllll about getting the job done.....sheesh!

Two words that best describe my husband are _______ and ________.

Loving.  The man loves me so much....and expresses it to me a million different ways each day.  Hard working.  I have never met anyone who does as much for his family as he does.  He works and goes to school....both full time...and he never complains. He is pretty amazing :)

Smart and Strong.  Okay....I will agree with these too! 


Questions for Ryan:

What should your wife's theme song be?


I think that he will say my song should be the opening diddy for the I Love Lucy show....it has no words....but some times when I do silly things....he will hum that tune at me.....I have no idea where I came up with my blog name ;)

Hard Headed Woman.  Seriously??  Is that a real song?!

Finish this sentence, even before ttwd I wanted to spank my wife when she did (blank)

Well I find it hard to believe he would have ever wanted to spank me....but since I have to answer this like I think he would....sigh.....I guess when I used to get mad at not talk to him for days.....I was pretty bad :(

When she rolled her eyes at me.  My word...all you men and a little innocent eye rolling.


Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought a (blank) is something that I would spank with

Well this is easy....a SHIM! 
A spoon.  Never fear friends...our spoons met a terrible demise (insert evil laughter here).  Unfortunately, Ryan was not fazed...and brought home a lovely piece of oak to make a implement of doom for his newly reformed wife.  I am aiming to become the most well behaved woman in the Mid-West!  

My wife is so adorable when she (blanks)

Pouts....I am an adorable pouter (I know, I know....gag)

Shows me those sparkling eyes.  Well, okay...that one is sweet :)


If my wife never makes (blank) again for dinner, it would be too soon.

I have no idea how he is going to answer this.  I try to only make things he likes.....but if he is not in love with McDonald's drive thru for the next week....he better tread lightly!  Some submissive wife I am, huh? ;)
MANWICH.  Betsy....are you reading this?  Cancel the truckload order I had you send this way!


Pick a bird to represent your wife. What type of bird do you see yourself as?

A bird?  Seriously?  Oh dear....he may say an Owl...because of my blog....then again he may say Henny Penny because I panic about things a lot.  I have no idea what bird he would pick for himself.....maybe an eagle....I really dunno.  Birds aren't all that manly.

A Swan for Lucy....there are really no cool birds for me....an eagle, I guess.  A swan??  And I knew he would say eagle!!  I dunno I think these little cuties are a bit closer to reality.....





When I give my wife 'the look' I am often thinking......

I think he is absolutely thinking of the next opportunity he will have to spank me....eeek!

You can stop nowEeeek!  Got it....check....yes dear.

The two words that sum up my wife are _______ and _________.

I think he would say funny and loving perhaps?????

Hot and Sassy.  Oh dear....I sound like a side dish off of a Chinese take out menu.  Would it kill you once in life to just admit that I am funny?  Gah!


If there was no chance of getting caught, where is one place you would like to make whoopee?

I think he would say on a beach...somewhere exotic.
In a public park.  Okay when I read this....I told him it made us sound like homeless people. He said he meant out in public.....anywhere......hmmmmm.


Aside from her bottom, what is your wife's greatest asset?

Well, I only mostly hear about my behind.....but I think my legs come in second....maybe???

Her heart.  She is so caring towards everyone.  Well that is sweet....but I have never had you ask me to wrap my heart around you.....just sayin' ;)





40 comments:

  1. HEY!!! Your bird picture didn't show up! Oh, yeah Yeah...hilarious! * wink *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they finally made their debut....now everyone needs to go back and look at your handiwork ;)

      Delete
  2. Very sweet...and thought you might like to know the words to the "I Love Lucy" theme song. Maybe they're appropriate?

    There's a certain couple that I know.
    They're strictly lovebirds,
    A pair of turtle dove birds.
    He's a guy who wants the world to know.
    So ev'ry day
    You'll hear him say

    I Love Lucy and she loves me,
    We're as happy as two can be,
    sometimes we quarrel but then again
    How we love making up again.

    Lucy kisses like no one can,
    She's my missus and I'm her man;
    And life is heaven you see
    Cause I Love Lucy
    Yes I Love Lucy
    and Lucy loves me.

    source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/ilovelucylyrics.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cygnet....

      You know after reading those words...I do remember one episode where Ricky sings that to Lucy.....

      They are very sweet words...unfortunately Ryan hums that song at me when I have had an "airhead" Lucy moment ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey Lucy,

    This was such fun to read. I love your answers and comments. Oh yes, I Love Lucy should definitely be your theme song!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz! Ryan and I had a lot of fun putting this together.

      I will take the I love Lucy theme over Ryan's pick any day of the week! :)

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  4. Cute!! I like his answer (and your sassy commentary) on that last one especially:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tess :)

      Aww, thanks...we had a lot of fun. Well you know, Sassy is my middle name ;)

      Delete
  5. How much would you hate me if I told you that his hitting snooze 3-4 times is actually best for his heart? ;) Studies show that if you do this, allowing yourself to wake up slowly, instead of the alarm going off once and jumping out of bed, your heart gets less of a jerk and so is best for your heart in the long run. ;)

    Loved your answers, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EsMay, you are my hero! The snooze button gets me in all kinds of trouble.....I can't wait to share that tidbit ;)

      Delete
    2. I have a love affair with the snooze button! Thanks Es May for the ammunition when my family makes fun of me! :D

      Delete
    3. EsMay.....you are a terrible trouble maker! That snooze button in the bane of my existence...gah! Now he is going to just push the darn thing all in the name of good heart health! You just *wait*...I will get you back.....bwhahahhahah!

      Betsy....push that button at your own risk....doesn't Brice like punctuality in a woman?!

      Cat.....pfffft! You are so not helping me here! ;)

      Delete
  6. This was fun to read! I really enjoyed all of your comments in response to his answers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace :)

      I had a lot of fun not being so serious for a change! Glad you liked it :))

      Delete
  7. Hi Lucy, :)

    I just love visiting here with the pink, and the cute little hearts and owl! SO pretty!

    I loved reading your answers. It is interesting that a bunch of the guys picked eagles for themselves, and then the swan for us. I've seen the rolling eyes one a few times- angel Willie does it too apparently!!! I laughed about the Manwich one.:) And I agree- the theme song for I Love Lucy sounds perfect for you. Hugs to you, Lucy! :)

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to point out something that TL told me when I said...Ryan picked a SWAN for LUCY! I got a flippin' woodpecker ( one who expatiates the death of a tree, all the while annoying the surrounding forest!), ANYWAY TL pointed out that swans are quite vicious...just something to think about ladies.

      Oh and if you HEARD the stuff my husband tries to pull off as a 'joke' you'd roll your eyes too!

      Delete
    2. LOLLLL Willie! Well then, perhaps Rob and Ryan picked the wrong bird. Could have been something about a long and glamorous neck though, just right for kissing and nipping at during those moments of HoH passion with their loving ladies! Yes- that must be it!

      No I wouldn't roll my eyes. I'd listen very respectfully to Barney, just like I do for Rob at every occasion. *wink wink* LOL ;)

      Delete
    3. See statements like the one above ^ guaranteed to have me rolling my eyes

      Delete
    4. I haven't made it to TL's place yet but she is correct! The only bird that has ever attempted to attack me was a swan! I still love you though Lucy ;)

      Delete
    5. Oh Katie I'm sorry Betsy is so insensitive....don't worry my other mean swan friend...I love you too--- not just Lucy *wink*

      Delete
    6. Katie you know I love you too! I'm on my way to your blog now! I'm struggling doing this on my iPad I may have to skip over Wilma's after her snarky comment;)

      Delete
    7. Now Girls, Oh Girls!!! What say you??? You are clearly jealous of the words put forth by our strong, swift, flying, soaring, Swan-loving HoH eagles! Isn't that right, Lucy? Oh, no need to worry Betsy. I still love you! I can assure you that there will be no attack. We are nice swans! We even love angels. <3 LOL!!!

      Delete
    8. You know, if your men are into freakishly long necks, who are we to complain? Even mean girls need love.

      Delete
    9. Girls, Girls, Girls.....you are all pretty....now quit fighting! ;)

      It appears I cannot step away from this blog for one minute without the riff raff (WILMA!) starting trouble :)

      I think my husband picked a swan because they are elegant and beautiful....quit laughing.....I would know nothing about being vicious....

      Delete
  8. I don't know, what with woodpeckers and swans! Good grief! I just realised I don't do two things - frown or roll my eyes. I've just been practising! I look nuts! How on earth do you do it?!

    Such fun to read Lucy. But I think I would pick "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" for your theme song....

    Hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ami, when Barney tries to roll his eyes to mock me, he looks like a mule just kicked him! As for Lucy's song.... " Where is My Mind" by the Pixies seems more appropriate.

      Delete
    2. Ami....I wish we could give you a tutorial on how to roll your eyes....you know, so that you have some more material for your blog ;) Aren't I a good friend?

      And Wilma....I would be mad about that comment...if it wasn't so true. If you find my mind...well, you know where to send it ;)

      Hugs Ami.....pffffft! Wilma :)

      Delete
  9. This was hilarious, even though you are'nt funny lol. We do need to work on Ryan and Brice's since of humor ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would life be like if I were even slightly humorous?? We will never know ;)

      Ryan and Brice wouldn't know funny if it smacked them on the.....oh well, never mind! I have NO idea why they don't think we are funny!

      Delete
  10. LOL Lucy and Ryan...great answers! Lucy...did Ryan see/hear your comments to his answers? ;)

    BTW Lucy...There were actually two "Hard Headed Woman" songs published. LOL One by Elvis Presley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaoukme-KyY and one by Cat Stevens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRjqwKd4s0k Enjoy!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um well, I am not sure if he has read all of this or not....do you think I should be worried?! bwhahahahahah!

      I *may* check out the Elvis version....I do kinda like him....but I am still completely miffed that he thinks that should be my theme song!

      Delete
  11. Okay, between your post and your comments, I am laughing so hard. Isn't it great to have all these friends on your side?
    Loved your answers. I think I would get an Olympic medal for sleeping, on the other hand my husband hates sleeping and eating. I am sleep deprived. Went from babies keeping me up to them dating and getting home late. Can I have a nap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With friends like these Blondie....who needs enemies?!? No, I have had a lot of fun reading all of the bantering too!

      I would like to have a medal for sleeping too! Maybe one day we will get our sleep time too!

      Delete
  12. This is adorable. I love that Ryan called you hot and sassy and your answer was priceless.
    Very sweet - you two.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lillie :))

      Oh yes, hot and sassy...he was adamant that I had to put that! It just struck me as a funny combo ;)

      Glad to have you back around....take care....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  13. What a perfectly pleasant way to spend my coffee time this morning! What is it with guys and their white sneakers? I don't get it. I'm also glad we aren't the only ones who can't go "all night long." OH!!...and the telling of small details, especially the ones that I've heard over and over again. I can't tell him how much I just don't care without getting swatted...lol.

    You guys are cute. Hot and sassy eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and
    wished to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    Feel free to visit my web site frances ha soundtrack

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just too great.
    I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous website.

    Stop by my web blog :: frankrijk vakantiewoning

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you are going for finest contents like me, simply go to see this website daily since it offers feature contents, thanks

    Stop by my web-site - vakantiehuisje frankrijk :: ::

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete