Oh no.....it is NOT what you are thinking.....definitely not one of these....
Although really.....how cute is THAT??? And, it is not one of these....
But honestly don't you just want to name it Fluffy and keep it for your very own?! Ryan has banned cats in our house.....because he is just a big ole' meanie. Men! No, my friends....the new addition to our family is not nearly as cute and cuddly as a baby or a kitten......and I certainly do NOT want to name it fluffy. The new addition to our family is one of these.....

See? Not cute or cuddly....and I never see the day coming that I will refer to it as "fluffy" :( So, this is the story of how that thing came to live in our house. I will just take you back to the day that Ryan decided we needed one of those (I can't say the P word!). I was trying to be helpful and direct his attention to some lovely little models on line.....that I *thought* looked like the "nicest" of my options. Though now looking back, it was like asking a condemned man if he would rather be shot or electrocuted. When....out of nowhere.....he decided he was going to make his own....well you know....one of those things. Gah! I have no idea why....but that bothered me. It seemed a tad bit on the barbaric side.....let me just go out in the garage and fashion a piece of wood to spank my beloved's hiney off with.....see?? HORRIBLE! I would have taken it a lot better if he would have paid $19.99 plus shipping and handling to some other Joe Shmoe who I will never meet. One night after work he came home with.....sigh......a piece of OAK and a case of beer.....because we are nothing if not all class in this house. ;) He smirked at what I am sure was a look of horror on my face....and he took that piece of God-forsaken oak out into the garage.....and I didn't see it again for a few weeks.
So days later.....he is out puttering in the garage....and I peep my head out and ask what he is doing.......and then I see it.....that piece of oak is lying on his work bench....and he looks deep in thought. I tried.....oh how I tried to lure him in the house. If not for four little people and my mother living in this house I may have stripped all my clothes off and made my way to that little work bench.....but I digress. He told me to just quit worrying and go back in the house. QUIT WORRYING?! How is that even remotely possible when he was out there making an implement of doom? So, I did the next best thing.....I called my friend Betsy :) I relayed the whole ugly scene to her.....and being the good friend she is....she gasped and then broke into laughter! Thanks so much for that by the way ;) I no more than tell her his evil plan is underway....when I begin to hear power tools going off. My heart started pounding....and I told her I thought I heard a drill. She said, "Surely it is not a drill? He wouldn't need to drill holes in it....you're not that bad!" Again, thanks for that... and remind me to have Ryan make Brice a gift with holes....okay?
So she and I banter on for a bit...laughing about what has become of our lives.....and I slowly start to relax....because I think that this little project is going to take awhile. To set the scene....I am sitting in my bedroom when Ryan opens the door. He is hiding something behind his back.....and I am thinking no way can it be done yet. He asked me who I was talking to....and when I told him Betsy....he responded with a cheerful, "Oh good." And then proceeds to pull a massive looking p-a-d-d-l-e out from behind his back. I let out a GASP....and I hear Betsy saying, "What....what is going on?" So there stands my husband looking incredibly proud of this thing that he created in alarmingly under 30 minutes....and I want to die. My heart is about to beat right out of my chest....and my palms are sweating. Ryan says, "Look, look how smooth this is. Do you want to feel it?" Seriously?? Do I want to feel it?! Hell no....I want to burn it. And yes, I was smart enough to keep that little tidbit to myself....but dear Lord....what was he thinking? He then goes on to explain how he made it.....and blah blah blah.....all the while Betsy is in the background trying to stifle her laughter. I finally got him to leave the room.....and he did.....and he left that darn thing out where I could see it :(
I then told Betsy that I better learn how to reform my behavior....and I better do it quick. I was a model wife alllll day. I cleaned and cooked....and smiled all the while. I was working myself into a tizzy buzzing around the house like June Cleaver on speed. But I mean really.....who was I trying to kid? I am Lucy after all.....and I knew that eventually my halo would come crashing down on me. My halo found its way around my ankles all too soon. I forget what I did to find myself in the closet with that thing.....but what I know for sure is that being spanked with Ryan's creation has been like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. I hate, hate, hate it.....and he love, love, loves it. Something about not having to put a lot of effort into spanking me is a perk for him. So glad that worked out for him.....sheesh!
What I can say about this experience is that it has been unnerving to live with that thing in the house.....by the way it really needs a name. Brice (Betsy's incredibly helpful husband) suggested "Ole Glory"....um yeah, I think NOT! I usually refer to it as, "No, no....I am sorry....I hate that thing!" But, I am thinking that name is perhaps too long. ;) If you all need me....I will be continuing my quest to be the most well behaved wife in the Mid-West......oh stop your laughing! :D
So days later.....he is out puttering in the garage....and I peep my head out and ask what he is doing.......and then I see it.....that piece of oak is lying on his work bench....and he looks deep in thought. I tried.....oh how I tried to lure him in the house. If not for four little people and my mother living in this house I may have stripped all my clothes off and made my way to that little work bench.....but I digress. He told me to just quit worrying and go back in the house. QUIT WORRYING?! How is that even remotely possible when he was out there making an implement of doom? So, I did the next best thing.....I called my friend Betsy :) I relayed the whole ugly scene to her.....and being the good friend she is....she gasped and then broke into laughter! Thanks so much for that by the way ;) I no more than tell her his evil plan is underway....when I begin to hear power tools going off. My heart started pounding....and I told her I thought I heard a drill. She said, "Surely it is not a drill? He wouldn't need to drill holes in it....you're not that bad!" Again, thanks for that... and remind me to have Ryan make Brice a gift with holes....okay?
So she and I banter on for a bit...laughing about what has become of our lives.....and I slowly start to relax....because I think that this little project is going to take awhile. To set the scene....I am sitting in my bedroom when Ryan opens the door. He is hiding something behind his back.....and I am thinking no way can it be done yet. He asked me who I was talking to....and when I told him Betsy....he responded with a cheerful, "Oh good." And then proceeds to pull a massive looking p-a-d-d-l-e out from behind his back. I let out a GASP....and I hear Betsy saying, "What....what is going on?" So there stands my husband looking incredibly proud of this thing that he created in alarmingly under 30 minutes....and I want to die. My heart is about to beat right out of my chest....and my palms are sweating. Ryan says, "Look, look how smooth this is. Do you want to feel it?" Seriously?? Do I want to feel it?! Hell no....I want to burn it. And yes, I was smart enough to keep that little tidbit to myself....but dear Lord....what was he thinking? He then goes on to explain how he made it.....and blah blah blah.....all the while Betsy is in the background trying to stifle her laughter. I finally got him to leave the room.....and he did.....and he left that darn thing out where I could see it :(
I then told Betsy that I better learn how to reform my behavior....and I better do it quick. I was a model wife alllll day. I cleaned and cooked....and smiled all the while. I was working myself into a tizzy buzzing around the house like June Cleaver on speed. But I mean really.....who was I trying to kid? I am Lucy after all.....and I knew that eventually my halo would come crashing down on me. My halo found its way around my ankles all too soon. I forget what I did to find myself in the closet with that thing.....but what I know for sure is that being spanked with Ryan's creation has been like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. I hate, hate, hate it.....and he love, love, loves it. Something about not having to put a lot of effort into spanking me is a perk for him. So glad that worked out for him.....sheesh!
What I can say about this experience is that it has been unnerving to live with that thing in the house.....by the way it really needs a name. Brice (Betsy's incredibly helpful husband) suggested "Ole Glory"....um yeah, I think NOT! I usually refer to it as, "No, no....I am sorry....I hate that thing!" But, I am thinking that name is perhaps too long. ;) If you all need me....I will be continuing my quest to be the most well behaved wife in the Mid-West......oh stop your laughing! :D
Ok Lucy, I did laugh - sorry, I couldn't help it!
ReplyDeleteThat is definitely not cute and I would never call it fluffy! I would much prefer the baby or kitten.
OMG, he made his own paddle? .. and so quickly? Yikes! I feel your pain, both figuratively and physically. Poor you, I can just imagine while he was out there 'creating' his masterpiece. Good incentive to stay out of trouble I guess!
Must say, so nice of Betsy to be so supportive and 'helpful' too LoL
Hugs,
Roz
Hi Roz :)
DeleteYes, yes he made it on his own and faster than I could watch an episode of Desperate Housewives.....yikes! ;) Lord help me.....
I kinda like the name Fluffy now for it....but he quickly vetoed it....guess I will stick with my original, "I hate that darn thing."
Betsy is nothing if not "helpful" and "supportive".....bwhahhaah!
Hugs to you too Roz :)
~Lucy
Well, actually, I think "Fluffy" would be a cute name for that implement of destruction. You could just keep telling yourself, "It's only Fluffy!" Maybe such a cutely innocuous name would help with the mind over matter process, even if it didn't take out the stinging thuddiness in practice.
ReplyDeleteYa know, I recall a certain lovely lady, whom we all know and love, who posted about purchasing little costume outfits to dress her HoH's manly part. That just popped into my head as I was thinking how adorable it would be for you to dress up Fluffy in adorable little outfits - a different costume for each day of the week. ;-)
Disclaimer: The lady described above only managed to dress her HoH's man part for two consecutive mornings before her shenanigans caught up with her. Her own rear parts were a-dressed in an entirely different way!
My other suggestion, besides Fluffy, is The Demon. What a wicked, beastly, horrid-looking critter. Dancing with The Demon - yep, think that is an activity to avoid.
Wicked Beast works, too. Great Equalizer? Nah.
That thing looks like it started out wanting to become its true calling as a boat oar. Oars cannot be pervertibles, surely? ~..o
Big hugs.
Irishey
Hey there :)
DeleteWell I tried to go with your idea. The more I thought about it, naming it Fluffy certainly did *seem* to make it appear less...uh, HORRID....Ryan quickly vetoed the naming of his paddle to anything that ridiculously feminine :(
I remember that blogger that you speak of....how in the world she got away with that for two days I will never know. It was certainly creative ;) If I am going to get brave and adorn that thing in a costume....I need a good sheep name....and then I will super glue cotton balls alllll over it ;) Perhaps Lambchop would be a fitting name??? :D
Big Hugs back to you!!
~Lucy
Lucy, I love Lambchop! I don't know if I could stand having your thudly rudder named that.
DeleteSince Fluffy isn't flying, I think you should just give credit where it's due, and call it Big Bad Betsy, or Butt-Bustin' Betsy. You can call it Betsy for short, so you are reminded of your helpful friend when the occasion arises. ;-)
Irishey
Oh dear me Lucy, I weed my pants over this post hahaha
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, I feel ya :( I can just imagine the look on his face and then the look on yours and the conversation between you and Betsy haha
Name names, well what about the Ole bum burner, or godhelpme, or nevertobeseenagain, or menotknowwhathappenedtohim haha
Ill give him points on quick and accurate work, lol
Be good, be very good or was it be afraid very afraid lol
I did do a post on sending some implements on a nice holiday, maybe we should do a new one, or better still we could all get together and sell them all and enjoy a holiday ourselves ;)
Good luck babe, not that I think you need it, as you are an angel like me x
Hey Missy :D
DeleteWell sometimes you just have to laugh at what ttwd has turned your life into. It all just seemed very surreal at the time....and I am glad that Betsy was around to take the call and laugh at me! ;)
I would love nothing more than to see his p-a-d-d-l-e meet an untimely demise....unfortunately I do believe he would kill me if anything ever happened to that hiney hurter :( AND if by some chance I did get away with it...he has already proven himself to be quick and efficient at woodworking...darn him anyway!
Good Lord...if I am an angel like you....I have a feeling we will be 80 years old and complaining about sore bottoms! hahhahaha!
Hugs....
~Lucy
Oh poor Lucy!
ReplyDeleteBut what a cute post.
My hubby was just complaining about how "hard" it is to do a hand spanking! Really tuckers him out!(and he's a gentle/playful spanker, lol!)
It's kind of adorable how proud men are when they make something. They're like little boys! Too bad in this case it's not a macaroni necklace. ;)
((hugs))
Cali
Hi Cali :)
DeleteI feel so bad for your hubby...truly....these poor spanking men ;)
It would have been totally cute that Ryan was so proud....*if* his creation would have been anything else. Macaroni necklace, huh? Only if it were made with soft cooked noodles....hahaha!
Hugs....
~Lucy
Oh Dear, Lucy!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try this again as my comment just went "poof," right into the blogosphere.
How lucky you were that Betsy was there when Ryan came in to introduce you to that... Ummm... ... Thing!!! No it does not look like "Fluffy" at all! Are you sure that you cannot persuade Ryan to get you that kitten instead? You can't? Well best be good, Lucy! Be very, VERY good! Yes, like an angel! :). (Word on the street is that Willie gives Angel lessons. I am also teaching a workshop).
Well, I am trying to find the bright side here- it's not easy I tell you!!! I'm sure that Betsy tried to help you as her hubby spurted ill reputed names for the creation, right into the telephone! Oh, what can I say? I have it! Be proud because that Bum Basher was "Made in America," in your very own garage! There we go! Oh you're not proud? You DO want to sell it and buy a kitten? Good choice!
Honestly, it is cute when our hubbies make stuff and are all proud. :). We don't have a wood paddle at all (refer to workshop above)!!! I kinda doubt that we will. Rob has no trouble picking up whatever he needs at a moments notice! Good luck Lucy! We are here for you!!! Hugs to you!
<3 Katie
Hi Katie....
DeleteIf my only hope are Wilma's Angel lessons....and your workshops.....I think I am sunk! ;)
There really was nothing cute about this little creation....horrifying seems to come to mind ;)
I "kinda doubted" that Ryan would ever buy or make something like this too. Think about it...we are well over a year into this....and I thought I was safe. Just never....EVER....say never! These men have a way of surprising us :D
Hugs to you too.....
~Lucy
I think you should call it Zippo. Think about it. A Zippo lighter ignites a fire. Zippo is how much you LOVE it. Ryan has Zippo tolerance for Sassy Pants...YOU'D like to use a Zippo and other flammable objects to ignite the paddle and leave it in a pile of charcoal on the garage floor. I could go on...but I think you should name it Zippo...
ReplyDeleteAs for Brice...pffft. He is soooooooooo helpful isn't he?
love, willie
PS quit your whining...most of us have paddles...HECK should I send Ryan the link for a leather looping Johnny? Then you'll be begging for a paddle! BTW Barney also likes how easy it is to spank with wood...bwahahaa. ahem. But often the poor baby complain how his shoulder hurts. HE should maybe talk to Brice!
I dunno about Zippo....very cute....just not sure. I am still going with "That darn Thing".....has a nice ring to it....dontcha think??
DeleteOh....and PS.....scroll to the top of this here blog...what do you see?? Lucy's Lunacy....yes, yes I believe that is correct. So....until that title changes....I will whine allllll I want. :D
Love ya....
~Lucy
When I picked myself off the floor after laughing myself silly I wondered to myself what you ladies with these arse-aching items did to cause them to be needed in the first place! Good grief! That would not only cover both my cheeks at once, it would do a complete circuit of my hips! In fact I have to tell you, whilst I was last in France I picked up a bread board especially for cutting and serving French sticks. It looks just like that!
ReplyDeleteKeep the jokes coming girls - I'm on a high over here!
Many hugs
Ami
Hey Ami....
DeleteWhat I did??? I did nothing.....I am innocent. Oh, wait...you probably aren't buying that...are you? I *think* the issue here was....my hiney was getting a little too tough :(
Maybe I can convince Ryan that this thing would make a better bread board than an implement of doom ;)
Hugs back at ya.....
~Lucy
So were there lots of holes in it then? How does it look? Did he do a good job? :)
ReplyDeletesara
Hi Sara :)
DeleteWell, I guess he did a good job. Not sure what the criteria is for that...but it is smooth and shaped pretty well....I cannot believe I just said that....geez! Thank the Lord there are no holes....I was hearing a saw of some sort....not a drill. :D
So Sorry. Will be keeping my fingers crossed that you get the award for the Best Behaved Wife in the Mid West.
ReplyDeleteHey Sunny :D
DeleteIf I win the Best Behaved Wife award....I am hoping the prize comes with a sash and tiara....then I could wear it around the house to mock him with...ha! ;)
I'm so sorry but I laughed too. Although I can relate...Bear has hand made many of his P-A-D-D-L-E-S and they all frankly suck. His newest addition was a solid oak paddle he made with my name engraved in it..it's huge and can cover both cheeks very easily! Maybe I will post a picture of it on my blog sometimes although it would expose my name but that wouldn't tell too much I wouldn't think. Perhaps I could save that hubby some woodworking and send ya some of mine? I have to get them out of his weapons of ass destruction pile. Only advice I can offer is BEHAVE! Hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Princess :D
DeleteWITH YOUR NAME ENGRAVED IN IT???!!! That is terrible....and creative....and I may have to delete this comment...so that my amateur p-a-d-d-l-e- making hubby does not get any ideas! hahaha!
You may keep all of your hubby's wooden creations at your house...please and thank you. Unless....well, I am just saying...that Betsy is a bit of a hand full....and well, Brice may want to add to his collection....just a thought ;)
Trying to Behave (although it is incredibly boring...)
Hugs....
~Lucy
Oh my goodness Lucy. I think I would have sent each child to the garage separately to ask Daddy if they could help.
ReplyDeleteA certain friend of ours is trying to convince me to think of it as a labor of love. Bah...let us know when you get around to that way of thinking.
Wood is no good. Simple as that. Insert grrring noise.
Names--I've got nothing. I refuse to acknowledge the existence of MM's wooden paddle. At the very most, I refer to it as "that thing" when he insists on pulling it out.
So sorry Lucy! :)
Heya Susie....
DeleteWhy didn't I think of sending the boys out there....brilliant!
I do not see how in the world this was a labor of love. He enjoyed every minute of it....I think he liked seeing me squirm :(
I *tried* to tell him "wood is no good"....but he is convinced that it will make ME good.....pipe dreams I say ;)
It is okay Susie....I am learning to live with "That Darn Thing" in the closet :(
Hugs.....
~Lucy
I want to let you both know how honored I was to be able to share in the joyful celebration of your new addition. I have total confidence that the little umm...piece of art is hardly ever used (well except for last night, and the three nights last week;))<-----I'm kidding....well about last week anyway lol.
ReplyDeleteOh, and please keep any 'holy' gift ideas you may have to yourself. I get the mail remember...it's a rule ;)
Love ya,
Betsy;)
Oh Dear....It was so darn funny....I mean if it hadn't of been me....the whole thing was just ridiculous ;) I am just glad you were around to take my call :D
DeleteAnd yes, yes....you know me...that thing is collecting dust in the closet....rarely ever sees the light of day.....you know, I am so well behaved and all....you are laughing....yes?! ;)
I can find a way around your little rules my friend....just saying....
Love ya back....
~Lucy
My husband wanted me to read some blogs to him and I read this. Just change my name to Stupid Sara please. Now he wants to make one and he said he is sure he also can do it under 30 minutes!!! lol
ReplyDeleteHe said we could start our own business to make and sell them. I assured him there's already people who do that!
DeleteSARA???!!!
DeleteWhy oh why.....oh dear....well we need to find a way around this. Hide his tools....do what I thought about...and "distract" him when he tries to make the thing.
I am sure he could make one too....and yes of course....under 30 minutes as well. Men are so funny. When I first read this comment I imagined that show Home Improvement with Tim Allen grunting about "More Power".....I hope to goodness you know what I am talking about or you are going to think I am crazier than I really am ;)
Yes, Yes....Blondie and Ty have the paddle making business under control.... :D
I laughed until I gagged, Lucy. Very funny!
ReplyDeleteWhat a thoughtful hubby you have :)
Names:
You have some great suggestions, let me just add:
Old Sparky (the name of Florida's infamous electric chair)
hugs and love to you both,
Lillie
Hi Lillie :D
DeleteWell I am glad you found this funny...sheesh! No, Betsy and I laughed and laughed as the whole thing was going on. Come to think of it....she laughed a whole lot more than I did....hmmmm.
He is so incredibly thoughtful....I think he spends a lot of time wondering how to keep his wayward wife in check ;)
Old Sparky....I love it...and sparks do tend to fly in the closet with that thing :(
Hugs and love to you all.....
~Lucy
Oh wow!
ReplyDeleteI too am guilty of laughing.... Sorry!!!
I can't say I don't know how those "tragedies" feel.. Have you ever felt a PLASTIC tragedy?? ECCH!!
Names: Mr. Obey; Ouch; Oh Dear (more like no dear; PLEASE!!); HOLY!!!; Butt Splash...
Sorry, still laughing...
Goofy Southern Belle... Seriously, please try to be good!!
****GOOD LUCK!!!!****
~Pink~
Hi Pink :D
DeleteIt is okay....it is kinda funny now....well sorta.... ;)
I have no interest in ever feeling a plastic anything....heck, I never wanted to feel a wood one either. Apparently my vote does not count :(
I am seriously trying to behave....but honestly....it is hard....and boring....sigh.... :)
Thanks for the luck....
~Lucy
First I love this blog design. It is so super cute. Secondly, sorry girl I hate Bucko's firecracker with a fiery passion. Thankfully he's not handy enough to make his own paddle, but he's talked about ordering one from Blondie. Good luck! I would totally name it fluffy.
ReplyDeleteI think that your husband is very wise.
DeleteHey TL....
DeleteThanks...I love my little blog too! I have a thing about owls :)
Firecracker?! That sounds terrible. Yes, Yes....send him over to Blondies...I am sure he will find something he loves :D
Hang in there Lucy, hopefully he doesn't start building different styles and you will end up with a closetful of paddles (or as we call them, cheese boards)
ReplyDeleteCute blog
Hey Blondie....
DeleteI am hoping that this is a one and done kind of thing. I mean honestly.....I don't really need a whole collection....scary! I guess if the kids ever find it....we will use the whole cheese board explanation! hahahaha!