I am NOT a car that need to be maintained......
I am NOT a computer that needs to be rebooted......
And I am not an envelope that needs to be addressed......
I have no idea why he thinks I have been too feisty lately for my own good....do you? ;)
*Just want to let you all know...we are having a staycation of sorts for the next few days. We are going to hit the water-park....a pioneer park of sorts....the pool....the drive-in...and who knows what all before it is all said and done. I promise to get to the rest of the comments on my last post soon....I hope :D Ryan's mom is back in the hospital....again. She just finished another round of chemo...and came down with an infection. For the first time we heard the doctors draw a definite line in the sand....this will not go on forever...and they will stop treatments when they see that it is no longer doing any good. Of course...no one knows how long that is....but I am one of those...never say die...don't count her out to the end kind of people. She is an incredible woman who raised three boys...who became good men. She has never been anything but kind to me, and she loves all of her grandchildren so much. I could go on and on....but I just ask that you pray for her. I myself am praying for a miracle...but I also know when and if the time comes I will pray that she goes peacefully surrounded by all of us who love her so much. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week....and I will check in on you all soon <3



Have fun the next few days.
ReplyDeleteI will keep your MIL in my prayers.
Hi Sunny :)
DeleteWe had a great time on our little "staycation".
Thanks for the prayers...keep them coming...
~Lucy
Oh, I know - I get,
ReplyDelete"Do you need my "undivided attention?"
or
"does somebody need a little correction?"
GRRR
Have fun on your "staycation" and know that we are praying for and thinking of Ryan's Mum.
hugs
Lillie
Oh Lillie....that cracks me up. I have been so feisty lately, I would probably reply, "Does someone need a punch in the throat?" Oops did that slip out? hahahah! Terrible, terrible...forget I said that ;)
DeleteThanks for the prayers....we absolutely appreciate them....things seem to be declining...we are heading down that way tomorrow.
Hugs....
~Lucy
Oh water park we love those :)
ReplyDeleteYuck I hate maintenance, I even said a long time ago " I don't need an oil and filter change" who came up with that word?? Oh and lets out you back on the straight and narrow, I wth is this referring to me being wobbly, or not being able to walk a straight line?? And either way, how would a spanking solve that problem haha
I'm thinkin of your MIL, and pray she is comfortable and surrounded by love :)
Have a great staycation x
Hey Missy :D
DeleteFirst off, I read your last few posts....and I so wanted to comment and was on my darn phone at the time. I have enjoyed reading over at your place this past week.
The waterpark was GREAT! And I totally agree about maintenance. Yuck!
Thanks for the prayers....we appreciate all of them.
Hugs...
~Lucy
Argh, I hate the term maintenance, fortunately Rick doesn't like it either so it's not used here.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your staycation, have fun. Sending thoughts and prayers for Ryan's Mom.
Hugs,
Roz
Hey Roz :D
DeleteWell, Rick gets my vote for HoH of the year then! ;) Worst word ever invented...yuck :(
We had a good time....at the pioneer village we toured there was a leather good store...and a woodworker's cabin...Ryan was totally enjoying himself in there...big ole' meanie ;)
Thanks for the prayers....
Hugs...
~Lucy
Lucy, I'll pray all goes well with your MIL's treatments and this infection clears soon.
ReplyDeleteYour staycation sounds wonderful. I hope you have loads of fun!
You know, I never bought into that rose-by-another-name business. It would NOT smell as sweet if it was called skunkweed. Mind over matter would kick in at the word. How do you type that "raspberry" sound? Prprprprpr! Good luck on your renaming crusade! :-)
Hey Irishey....
DeleteSpeaking of naming things....I totally took your advice and named Ryan's p-a-d-d-l-e "Fluffy". Yep, even though he hated the idea...I decided to go with what you said about that name maybe making it not seem so intimidating....not sure how that is working out...but now he even calls it Fluffy....bwhhahahha!
And I think the raspberry sound you are referring to is something like this: pffffft! Not that I ever make that sound....I mean really....I am nothing if not respectful to my HoH ;)
Aawww....(I think) - Ryan calling it, Fluffy. That's much funnier than it should be. @..@
DeleteOf course you're respectful. You're a good person. If you slip now and then, it's only because you weren't born with the Stepford chip. Sounds are overrated anyway. ;-)
Thoughts and Prayers to your family Lucy, and I hope you have a nice "Staycation"
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit jealous you still have a drive in! The last of ours went out a few years ago.
We have a huge water park here, but I could not imagine going with the babies - AHH! That'd be more then a hot mess, LOL
you know, I get those little references too - He usually asks if we "need to have a little talk" and once when we were cooking out he asked if I needed my rump tenderized O_o Oh dear.. These guys have a way don't they?
-Emi
Hey Emi....
DeleteI read your last two posts...and loved both of them. I have not had time to be on the lap top to comment...but you gave me a lot to think about....I just need more time in my day so I can comment!!
About the drive in....I guess there are only around 400 left in the US....I am pretty lucky that there are 3 or 4 within decent driving distance to us. It is a lot of fun with the kids :)
Your rump tenderized??!! OUCH! That sounds terrible. I get the "little talk" think too. I always tell him, "Sure if your really mean talk. If you mean going to the closet....no thanks!" I have no idea why I get myself in so much trouble ;)
Thanks for the prayers Emi....
Maintenance smaintenance! I'll have MM send Ryan a hopper and then you and I just have to learn how to keep the lever on the bottom open so that everything keeps seeping out on them. And uck, I'd forgotten about the "address" word. He uses that one all the time too. As in "we will address that tonight." I must come up with a clever return. Maybe some stamps under his pillow? hehe
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for your MIL. She just sounds like such a sweetie Lucy. I want her to have as long as possible with her grandkids.
Yes, please mail me a hopper....perhaps you need to supersize mine! You are so creative...I think some stamps under his pillow would just be lovely...I am sure he would LOVE it ;)
DeleteThanks for the prayers Susie...we sure need them. Things seem to be declining....we are headed south tomorrow to see her.
Well first I am sending you prayers for your MIL and I hope things improve soon.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, have you noticed that they seem to like this word "maintenance". I personally hate it. But if I make any comments Dan immediately informs me that he has always thought of me as a 'high maintenance model'. Huh! I think he has it very good around here myself! Attending to your 'needs' could possibly be better, but if anyone could come up with a 'nice' word for it, I am open to suggestions. With that great big wooden slappy thing of yours Lucy, I reckon I would agree to it being called anything he wanted to call it!
Hugs
Ami
Hey Ami!
DeleteI have been over at your place this week too. You had me in stitches reading about asking for a spanking. I was reading on my phone...and it does not allow me to comment for some reason. Anyway, I howled with laughter....and I SO needed that....so thank you :D
I love that he thinks you are a high maintenance model...I like to refer to myself as energy efficient....somehow I don't think Ryan would agree ;)
That "great big wooden slappy thing" now has a name....I took Irishey's advice and went with Fluffy...yes really! ha!
Thanks for the prayers Ami...
Hugs...
~Lucy
Feisty??? Nah, I don't see it. ;) Staycation, did you get that from Corner Gas? ;) Loved Brent's staycation.:) Hope you have fun, and keeping Ryan's mom in prayer.
ReplyDeleteI know...I don't see the feisty anywhere!
DeleteI have no idea what Corner Gas is....I am so out of the loop...I will have to google it. Staycation is just what people refer to what we did around here. Doing things around your general area, as opposed to going away. We had a great time :)
Thanks for the prayers....
~Lucy
"We'll address it later" Yup, I hear that one a lot too;) Hope you guys are having fun. Keeping your MIL in my thoughts! ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI think the guys need to come up with some new slogans....not that I am offering up any ideas..... ;)
DeleteWe had a great time...it was nice to just relax.
Hugs....
~Lucy
The beginning of your post made me smile. Thank you for that. I am so sorry that your mother-in-law is having to go through the things that she has to. My mother-in-law died of cancer, many years ago. It was hard, because we all loved her so much. She too was a wonderful MIL and grandmother (and mother to her 2 sons). My FIL is 89 now, and he has Alzheimers. He too was a wonderful FIL, Grandfather, and Dad. I actually have had a better relationship with him than with my own father. I will pray for your MIL and all who love her. God bless you and all you love, Belle L.
ReplyDeleteHi Belle :D
DeleteI am glad to have made you smile :D
I am sorry about your mother in law....cancer is just a terrible thing. My husband is young to be losing his mom....and it truly is heartbreaking. She is a good woman....and we all just want to keep her here as long as possible.
Thanks so much for the prayers. Ryan and I appreciate them so much.
Hugs....
~Lucy