It's two hearts....one dream....I wouldn't trade it for anything....and I ask the Lord every night....for just another day in paradise.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bas and The Goodstuff....

When I took my blog down a few weeks ago....I had no idea when or if I would ever be back.  I have a lot of thoughts on what happened...but I will try to remain a lady here...and keep my two cents to myself ;)  So...what brought me back?  Two things really....one I missed you all...and maybe more importantly....Bas.  Dear sweet...lovable Bas.  I remember when I put up my post about Betsy's blog being born....urging all of you to go and welcome her....Bas' hysterical reply on her blog was, "When Lucy says go...I go"....or something along those lines.  So...in turn....when Bas asks us all to keep blogging...what is a girl to do.....continue blogging of course ;)

All of the turmoil that has went on has left me wondering where my place is in Blogland.  I hope you all are aware by now I will never be the place for wise quotes or sage advice....and I am okay with that.  I am kind of like the mad scientist of Ttwd....I kind of experiment...throw things together....sometimes they work....and well, sometimes they don't.....


I am perfectly happy if you come by here....and I can make you smile....or more importantly show you want NOT to do! ;)  I have no idea how many people read this blog...I am really not all that great at the technical aspect of this whole blogging thing.  From the very first post...I just prayed...hit publish...and hoped for the best. To this day...that is the order of operations around here.  I appreciate you all so much...whether you comment or not....I would have never gotten this far in ttwd without all of you.  Long before I ever blogged...or heck, even had the courage to comment....I read a lot of blogs.  I read and I read and I read.....and I sent a lot of what I was reading to Ryan.  It was my way to try to explain what I was feeling, but couldn't find the courage to say.  I sent him stuff from Susie....Tess....Rogue....Lillie...Mick...Stormy...and probably others that I am simply not recalling at the moment.  You all said for me...what I couldn't at the time....and I thank you.

I guess what I am trying to say here is....we all matter....whether we are full of wisdom...or make you smile...we have a place in Blogland.  Bas....in his own little way....convinced me of that.  I am not going to be presumptuous and try to say what he would want....but I think it is safe to say that we can and have all learned so much from the life he lived.  We know his love for Lisa...that was so very evident.   We have all been moved by little Emily's story...and  Ryan and I have our own battle going on with his mom.  All of these experiences have made me very reflective I suppose...and just this once I will climb up on my soapbox here ;)  We only have this moment friends....this is it.  We are not promised a tomorrow.  Make sure those that you love know it....and grant forgiveness when you can.  Snatch the little bits of the good stuff along the way....and don't settle for anything but happiness.....life is just too darn short to settle for good enough.

I am not completely sure to what extent I will be blogging.  I hope one day I will feel completely okay with being out here again....I guess time will tell.  At some point....I will begin to go through my old blogs and put them back up.  I will leave you for now with a song I heard the day that Bas left this earth.  Maybe it is just me....but I listened....and it kinda made me think of him :)  Be well my friends...and I will check back in with you soon <3




26 comments:

  1. Lucy - it is lovely to have you back. Bas was great wasn't he, we will all miss him. But Carpe Diem! Look thy last on all things lovely every hour! We will carry on the way he wanted us to.

    Dang it, I can't listen to you song as I don't have a sound card. I'll have to sneak on to Dan's computer when he isn't using it.

    Sending prayers and blessings for Ryan's mum.

    Hugs

    Ami

    PS How's that gorgeous baby of yours?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami :D

      It is good to be back :) Bas was indeed great....he will be missed. I am glad you came by to see me. Thanks for the prayers....she is hanging in there.

      In my very biased opinion...my sweet little baby gets prettier everyday! ;)

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  2. Hey Lucy :)

    It's such sad news and we will al miss him, but even in his last post he helped Blogland. Look so many of us are coming back and starting to blog again.

    Republish your old posts when you feel up to it and it feels right for you and I. The mean time, post whatever you want, we're here to read and be with you :)

    Thinking of you and Ryan and sending positive thoughts your way x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Missy :D

      It is so sad...but you are right...he brought some of us back....and *hopefully* that is a good thing! ;)

      Whenever I have a spare moment I will go through my old stuff...spare moments are hard to come by around here....but I thank you all for hanging with me.

      Thanks for the positive thoughts....his mom is doing well under the circumstances.

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  3. Hey Lucy!! I'm so excited to see you back!!

    I love the way your post is just you, talking..... not trying to say anything more than what is in your heart. ♥

    You are pretty special and even though you see yourself as the "mad scientist", haha, you & your voice are needed here.

    ((hugs))
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cali :)

      I am glad to be back. I have had so much to say about all that has went on. A lot of it is probably best to keep to myself....maybe I am learning to filter after all! hahahaha!

      I am not sure how much my voice is needed....but I feel the need to get stuff out...so I guess you all are stuck with me for the time being ;)

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  4. Our blogs are just that, our blogs. What we put in them is up to us and whether anyone else likes, dislikes, reads or not, doesn't matter.

    Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny :)

      You are right about that....and I am trying to see things that way. It is better that way. I will just continue to put stuff out here...and hope for the best.

      I will be back soon ;)

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  5. I was previously a lurker and just had set up a profile when you made your blog private. I was so disappointed. Glad to see you back. I have always liked reading your blog. Amyee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amyee :D

      I am sorry I just up and left like that. I am kind of like that Henny Penny character....I ran around for awhile sure that the sky was indeed falling. I got a little worried....and needed to step back and figure out what I needed to do.

      I am beyond happy that you chose to comment here. I appreciate it so much :)

      I will be back to blogging soon and I hope you will return as well.

      ~Lucy :)

      Delete
  6. Bas had one final piece of advice, yes? Great to see you back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rogue :)

      Yep, even in death his advice carries on. It is good to be back. And even better knowing that Emily is back where she belongs :)

      Delete
  7. Sweet Lucy...welcome back...hope you stay. What is your place in blog land? Whatever you choose to make it...this is your blog to re-post and post whatever you want. If someone doesn't like it...pfft...they don't have to stay.

    Hope you stick around but do understand that you have your hands full. Sending prayers and healing energy for Ryan's mom.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat :)

      It is so good to be back....I guess I never really left the building completely...I lurked and read a lot ;)

      I am good with my place around here....I guess I just got a little nervous...I tend to worry!

      My hands are indeed full...I hear that a lot when I travel with the little people...but I just smile and tell people I would much rather be full, than empty. But yes, this momma is tired! ;)

      Thanks for the prayers....that woman is a warrior!

      Hugs back at ya....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  8. Hi Lucy,

    Welcome back! I'm so very happy to see you return to blogging. I missed you :)

    I'm no techy whiz either. I just hit the publish button and pray too LoL. Publish what you want and re-publish your posts as and when you feel comfortable to do so. You may feel like the mad scientist, but you have given me such wonderful encouragement and advice in your comments and food for thought through your posts.

    You are so right about snatching the good stuff and making sure those you love know it. Thank you for reminding us :)

    Thinking of you both and sending prayers for Ryan's Mom.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ps - how is that gorgeous little girl of yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Roz :)

      I am horrible at the technology aspect of this whole thing...so far I have avoided major disaster ;)

      The same to you my friend....I have learned so much from you on this crazy journey...and I am so happy you blog :)

      Thanks for the prayers....she is a tough lady...

      Hugs...

      ~Lucy

      Oh yes, the baby...I am a bit biased....but I do believe she gets prettier everyday <3

      Delete
  9. Lucy, I'm glad you're back, too. You wouldn't have returned if you didn't like it here, want to be among friends, need to be a part of something that resonates with you, didn't want to be chased away by bullies from a place you enjoy, or whatever reason you want to be here.

    Say what you want in your posts, or don't say much of anything at all. Post every day, or only once a month. Put up all or none of your old posts. You get to choose. You are IN CONTROL. Ryan? Hey, that's between you two. Lol!

    Praying for Ryan's mother. Hugs to both of you.

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Irishey :D

      Sorry to be getting back at this so darn late.

      You are right...I do kinda like it here....and all of you :) I am feeling better about posting...and I will write as much as my crazy life allows me to.

      I am in control...sheesh...someone needs to tell Ryan that...I nominate YOU!!! hahahah!

      Thanks for the prayers....Hugs back to you...

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  10. Lucy, I was sad to see you go and so happy to see you back.
    Love,
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bea :D

      I am so happy to be back. I have missed you all!! <3

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  11. Hi Lucy, I am happy to see you here as well. You are right life is too short to let others determine how we should live our lives.
    I enjoy your blog because it is 'you' who speak. Make it how you want it-change it at a whim...it doesn't matter...You be you!
    Praying for Ryan's mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Minelle :)

      I am trying my very best to just be me!! I am glad to be back....

      Thanks for the prayers...

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  12. This is lovely, Lucy...
    I love what you share about your life with Ryan and the kids. It makes me tired, at my advanced age, to imagine running after all your little ones, but I love reading it.
    I remember your first post, and I am sure happy you are back.
    Never change, Sweetheart
    hugs and love
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lillie :D

      Well running after all my crazy people wears me out too! I am glad you enjoy reading about the chaos...we are certainly making memories on a daily basis around here ;)

      I am happy to be back...thanks Lillie...

      Hugs and love right back...

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  13. Who could ever say no to that wonderful man? I am glad to see you back. :) You may not think you have words of wisdom to pass on, but I have learned a lot from your posts. The debates you had on how much to let Ryan carry when his mom got sick, the way he told you he had you and you learned to let go more to him, and so on. Those blogs touched me so much, your heart showing so much love and wanting to do right by your husband, even if it meant shelving DD for a while because you were worried about overwhelming him. I cannot thank you enough for sharing with us, I truly have been touched by your words. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Es May :)

      Thanks for the kind words. I am glad some of the mess that is my life has been helpful!! ha! I try to be as honest on here as I can. Sometimes it isn't pretty...but it is always real.

      Hugs back at ya....

      ~Lucy

      Delete