It's two hearts....one dream....I wouldn't trade it for anything....and I ask the Lord every night....for just another day in paradise.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

On the road....off the road...on the road....ugh!

Off Roading:  Lucy's term for times when ttwd is in shambles...not working.....in other words a big hot mess ! Off roading is a visual of just that....crashing and bumping all over the place....not knowing what you are doing or where you are going.



This is the post I should have written right after my mushy one year blog post in March.  That is just about the time things got really messy around here.  We have been on the road and off the road so many times....I may have gotten a little carsick!

Cartoon of a Little Girl with Stomach Pain clipart


I am not even sure where to begin.  It has all been so messy...and to be honest it is hard to put it all into words.  Part of it may be hormonal, part of it is that we were overwhelmed with life....whatever it was....it was exhausting! My feelings were getting hurt over small things....and I would snap....and any hint of submission would fly at warp speed out the window....and Ryan would be left dazed and confused!



I got upset over a lot of things.  I cannot even begin to list everything that irked me....it was truly that bad.  Ryan would do something innocent or unknowing and I would lose it.  In the past few weeks I have said some pretty bad things to my husband....I may have tossed the F bomb around a few times....I may have slammed some doors....and I may have even refused to have any part of ttwd.  Was it that bad?  If I am being honest....it was worse.  We both felt like it was hopeless.  I was so messed up....that Ryan had no idea what he was even supposed to do with me.

Everyday life around here was hard.  I would be fine one minute....and ready to take his head off the next.  We would talk....try to fix things....only to go off roading again in the next day or so.  It was a horrible, tiring pattern.  I knew in my head what I needed to do, but I honestly did not care.  I was so tired and worn down....and I felt so alone.  I felt like my body was betraying me....my mood swings were just unreal...gah!  Bad, bad, bad.  I apologize to anyone who had to hear me drivel on during that time....and I am probably in need of new chat buddies....I think I may have worn a few people out! ;)

There wasn't or hasn't been an easy fix.  We did a lot of things.  We talked, we read blogs, we changed a few diet issues, we made going to the gym a priority again...and oh yes, he spanked my behind so many times I lost count! ha!  What it has come down to is this:  I have to want to do this. In the good times...the bad times....the mood swinginess times.....I HAVE TO WANT THIS.  And I didn't.  It became a waiting game....he knew that he couldn't force my submission anymore than I could force his dominance in the beginning.  He had to wait me out just as I had to do for him in the early months.  We went a week or so without ttwd.  I was miserable....but would not admit it to him or myself. Him? Oh man...he was not fairing well either....




My poor HoHy husband was without his "good wife".....and he looked a bit like this poor fellow above.  He was cagey...antsy.....LOST without this way of life. He let me know that he would wait for me to be ready again.....but to make no mistake about it, we could not put the genie back in the bottle.  Whatever hormonal delusions I had in my head about going back....doing without ttwd....were a mistake....and one he was not willing to make with me.  He would wait......for me to make my way back to him.  

And this time, that is what it was....a big fat waiting game.  I did make up my mind that I was miserable....that I needed him....and that I wanted him to protect me from myself and whatever else may come my way.  That was a huge revelation for me....and one I will talk about next time.....this is wayyyy too long as it is!  But, we are okay....and that is the important part.  We worked through this mess, and came out of it a little stronger....and hopefully wiser ;)



25 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you went through it, but so very glad you got to the other side. Sometimes it takes the hard moments for us to realize what we really want and need, and the value that it has to us.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June :)

      It was just a horrible, horrible time. But I felt like I really needed to write it all out...to kind of put it to rest. You are so right...those really hard times...make us see how much the life we have become accustomed to means to us.

      Hugs to you too :)

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  2. So sorry things were so rough, just remember all life is a journey, sometimes smooth, sometimes bumpy but it always should move forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny :)

      Things were definitely a hormonally induced ride to hell for awhile! But yes, we are moving forward...and that is what matters :)

      Delete
  3. Aah Lucy, this stuff is so hard--the ups and downs and sideways moments. We had a lot of them and still do sometimes. I am so much more aware now how hormones and other things play a part. You guys are in this together and that makes all the difference in the world. Before (predd)when things got really bad I would wonder if it was the end of us, if we were going down a slippery slope. Now I know that we will struggle mightily but he is stuck with me and I am with him...same as you guys. It'll all be okay in time and I'm so glad to see that you are doing a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie :)

      Yep, definitely remember the bad moments...before dd....and I would wonder the same thing. If one day he would get tired of me and leave....I don't miss those days at all. We certainly have our struggles...we may fall...but we will always get back up and try again. I guess, in the end, that is all that matters :)

      Thanks for listening to me whine ;)

      Delete
  4. Lucy, I am so sorry you went through all of this and am so glad to hear you worked through it and are in a better place now.

    This stuff can be damn hard at times, the ups and downs, but the important thing is that you are in this together and work through the hard stuff together. The greatest growth often come out of the hardest times.

    ((Hugs))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz :)

      Yes, unfortunately...the poor man is stuck with me! I guess this is the "for the worse" part....

      We definitely came through this one better...but going through it was hell.

      Hugs back at ya :)

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  5. There are so many ups and downs with ttwd. I'm glad to hear you've come through it okay! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LM...

      Yes, ups and downs...ins and outs....no wonder I felt carsick!

      Yep, we made it through....and I am hoping to stay on the road for awhile :)

      Hugs...

      Lucy

      Delete
  6. Oh Lucy I am sorry you went through this tough time but it sounds like you learned some things which hopefully makes it worthwhile. I love the genie in a bottle reference. So true. It would be so hard if not impossible to go back to before. So glad you are working together though. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zoe :)

      I don't think there is anyway we could ever put the genie back....I have no idea what there would be to go back to. For better or for worse....this is what we are doing....this is what works best for us. These down times are just part of the process....and I can deal with them...it makes the good times that much sweeter :)

      Take care...

      Lucy

      Delete
  7. Hormones suck...I realize that probably isn't very helpful, but what I am trying to say is don't be so hard on yourself...you just had a baby, you probably aren't getting enough sleep, etc. Take a deep breath...you will find your way back to each other and probably back to the closet soon:)
    hugs,
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Bea, they DO suck! I am trying so hard...well, not to be hard on myself! As for the closet, I think I will wrap police tape around..maybe cordon it off....like a crime scene or something....maybe I can get a break!

      Hope you are doing okay, and things have settled down for you!

      Hugs....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  8. I have one thing to say, and it's a message for Ryan....ENJOY YOUR WEEK! HA!

    Betsy;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there "friend",

      Notice the quotation marks.....

      You are SO not helping me here. I swear if I EVER say that line to him again...I will never sit again....eeek!

      Signed....

      Your used to be friend....

      ~Lucy (<3)

      Delete
  9. Oh wow sounds like you guys went through some serious roller coaster ride there :( but I'm glad you came back out the other end, stronger and wiser :)

    Having a new baby is difficult at the best of times, never mind when other things come in to the equation. Give yourself time to adjust honey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Missy...

      Yes free rides here on Lucy's Hormonal Loopity Loop RollerCoaster...now don't everyone kill themselves trying to get a turn...ha!

      Yes, we came through it intact...our hair was a little mussed from the ride...but nothing permanent ;)

      I am trying to be patient....I promise :)

      Delete
  10. Aw Lucy, Sounds like you and Ryan had a really tough time. You really do have so much going on. A bunch of kids, one being a newish baby- well that is pretty exhausting! I remember it well! And yes- that hormone thing is front and center for a while until those levels settle down. I'd say to cut yourself a break! Good on Ryan for waiting it out for you. And I too like the "genie in a bottle" thing. Glad that you two are on the other side of this now! Hugs!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie :)

      Oh my word...it was a rough March that is for sure. Things are getting better here. The flowers and trees are blooming...the sun is shining more....and all of that is making me feel a little better :)

      Hormones are just a horrible, horrible thing. I swear I felt like a crazed lunatic for the better part of two weeks...ugh...never want to relive that again :(

      We are better...thanks for checking on us...

      Hugs...

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  11. OH, I loved it when Ryan said that the genie could not be put back in the bottle, and that he'd wait for you. Life can be so overwhelming, and you have so much on your plate right now, and some real uncertainties outside of your control, add that to hormones, and it can be one heck of an emotional rollercoaster. The great thing is that Ryan is right there to catch you again. I love how blessed you are in him. I'm hoping things get a bit, no, scratch that, A LOT better for you, and soon. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Es May...

      Life can be so darn messy sometimes, can't it? The hormones were terrible, I was mean and nasty....ugh! Thank God my husband is a patient man...well, for the most part ;)

      Nope, no putting the genie back.....I think he likes this HOH gig...and I gotta admit....it looks good on him <3

      Hugs...

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  12. Oh, Sweetie - I am sorry that I am late commenting here. I really believe that we are at the mercy of our hormonal cycles, and I can imagine that this soon after delivery things are still a little unsettled in that department.
    Go easy on yourself, and hopefully Ryan will continue to be a constant, patient if somewhat spanky, source of love and husbandly TLC. The love you have for each other leaps off the computer screen, and you will get this thing back on the road. I won't say for good because I feel like I hit the rhubarb now and then myself - at my age!
    Take care, hugs and love
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lillie....

      Don't be sorry...life is so busy for all of us these days :)

      I was a hormonal enraged *itch....God bless my husband, and his big spanky paws for seeing me through this. I would be fine one minute...and go off the deep end the next. Although I do think I will be using "hit the rhubarb" from now on...ha!

      I do love that man....sometimes I don't always act like it...but I would be lost without him :)

      Big hugs and love :))

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  13. Oh, off roading I understand all to well. So sorry you had to go through that but every time we do, I think we change and evolve a little bit. Step by baby step ttwd seems to become a little more embedded into our lives. Even with our huge stumbles, I don't think it's something we could walk away from at this point.

    Hoping all is better and more peaceful for you all! C

    ReplyDelete