It's two hearts....one dream....I wouldn't trade it for anything....and I ask the Lord every night....for just another day in paradise.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Ryan's World



I decided I need to lighten things up around here......this blog has been entirely too heavy.....for entirely too long ;) I have loved reading everyone else's answers to this little survey, and I decided to join the fun.





1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? He loves the shows Nashville, Duck Dynasty, DIY and the History Channel.

2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Salad? What is that? If he gets steak or something like that, he will get a side order of broccoli....preferably not over cooked.



3. The most striking thing about his physical appearance? I always thought I would end up with some tall lanky guy. Ryan is 5'11" and built kinda stocky....some have referred to his stature as "mountain-like"....whatever it is, I LOVE it. Now I see skinny men out and about, and I feel the need to cook them a good meal!






4. You go out to eat and have a drink; what does he order? Well our favorite thing to eat out is wings. He would get HOT HOT wings and a tall Miller Lite.

5. Where did he go to high school? An hour and a half south of where we now live.






6. What size shoe does he wear? US size 12

7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? TOOLS!




8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? A good old cheeseburger....ketchup only ;)






9. What would he eat every day if he could? Pizza....sausage or pepperoni



10. What is his favorite cereal? He eats all different kinds.

11. What would he never wear? Short sleeve dress shirts....the kind that button all the way down.






12. What is his favorite sports team? Dallas Cowboys and LA Dodgers

13.Who did he vote for? This may lose a few readers....Romney.....yep, you heard me!

14. Who is his best friend? ME :)

15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? Really....not enough room here for all of that!

16. What is his heritage? Well, our last name is French....but if I am being honest here....he does come from some Moonshiners somewhere in the Midwest ;)



17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind? Plain old white






18. Did he play sports in high school? football and baseball

19. What could he spend hours doing? Does sleeping count?? I mean we do have a new baby!






20. What is one unique talent he has? He can fix a lot of things....which does come in handy from time to time :)





24 comments:

  1. OH I SOOOOOOOOOOO want to answer some of these questions myself...or at the very least ADD to them....maybe in private! Bwahahaha!

    love ya...willie

    pfft Nashville, Mount Ryan....best friend- whoever invented the plastic hanger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know that man loves his Nashville....ugh! I can't take the drama of the whole show. Too much stress before I go to bed at night!

      Delete
    2. Yes...but it does provide us with some 'free' chat time.

      Delete
    3. This is true :) I guess there are some benefits to that darn show after all ;)

      Delete
  2. I have so many comments I don't know where to begin. First of all why isn't the DALLAS COWBOYS in all caps? I have been told that is sac religious!

    2. I thought his favorite sandwich was Manwich ;)

    3. Yep, Bob the Builder

    4. DIY---I can do that!

    5. Pizza---you still need to blog about that

    6. Moonshiners--Bwahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I need to edit #2 to say Sloppy Joe's (Manwich) because some people will have inappropriate thoughts and that's not what I meant. lol

      Delete
    2. 1) Thank you for pointing out my disrespect to "The Team"

      2) I will make that for him...just as soon as you make Al MY chili.... ;)

      3) Can we Fix it...Yes we can!

      4) I need to send you the latest edition of HandyMan magazine...shows how to lay the floor you want!

      5) ENJOY YOUR WEEK!

      6) We are nothing if not classy people ;)

      Delete
  3. We are clearly going to have to check out this Duck Dynasty show. Everyone keeps mentioning it.

    MM won't wear short sleeved dress shirts either. He finds them to be extremely tacky.

    Oh shoot, I just read Betsy's comment and now I'm singing the stupid Bob the Builder song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susie save yourself. You don't have 30 minutes to waste on Duck Dynasty!

      Delete
    2. I admit to getting hooked on Duck Dynasty....it took 2-3 episodes....but now we watch together!

      Funny story about Bob the Builder.....Way before we had kids....Ryan worked at a lumber yard. He had to wear a belt with a few tools on it. A little boy walked up to him with big eyes, and said, "Are YOU Bob the Builder?" Ryan said, "I can be if you want me to be." So darn cute!

      Delete
  4. Hey Lucy, this is a great meme fun to read.

    Well ... I haven't heard of Duck Dynasty over here. Rick is in the same camp as Ryan and MM with short sleeve dress shirts. Bob the Builder, LoL

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way would he ever wear one of those shirts....although once a year for the Jimmy Buffett concert, he sports a Hawaiian shirt ;)

      Delete
  5. I have two tv shows I just can't miss. Nashville is number 1. Love that show. Midwest moonshiners are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot handle Nashville....I get too caught up in the drama! So, while he watches....I blog or chat! Yep...I married a descendant of some hardcore moonshiners! ha!

      Delete
  6. Great meme...although I feel like I have missed an inside joke with poor Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if it is the sloppy joe thing....Ryan is VERY particular about the recipe....he has banned the canned Manwich from our house, and Betsy loves to torment him about it....such a good friend, isn't she?

      Delete
  7. I could swore, I commented here - if so, just pick the one that sounds best...
    Aren't those size 12 shoes enormous? They take up twice the amount of room in the closet as a normal pair of shoes. sigh
    My family has the distinction of coming from rum runners along the Canadian/US border....so I feel like we are kin :D
    hugs to all
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good grief, "I could have sworn..."
      PS - I also like my burger with ketchup only :)

      Delete
    2. Ah, Lillie....we could be family....hahaha! How nice we both have alcoholic crazy people in our past...I kid, I kid!

      Yep, ketchup only....he won't go near mustard or mayo!



      Delete
  8. I enjoyed reading this, Lucy! :). Seems like there are an awful lot of men wearing size 12 & 13 shoes running around Blogland. Hot wings are yummy! Our fridge is always full of a variety of hot sauce. Everyone uses them. Don't know of Duck Dynasty- will have to check it out! No short sleeve dress shirts worn around here either. Ryan is in good company. Hugs!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie :)

      Oh my gosh he and I both love hot wings...yum! Short sleeve dress shirts seem to be out with a lot of blogland men....who would have thought that?? Funny :)

      Delete
    2. Really with the short sleeve dress shirts. You'd think they'd like them...no need to 'roll up the sleeves' to get to work!!

      Delete
  9. There must be an awful lot of very large men around here - either that or they all have huge feet!

    The 'tools' collection sounds ominous, unless it is really tools like Starman has in the barn. What on earth is Duck Dynasty? Is it to do with Donald Duck?

    Wings are all bones - why is it that people like them? I'll save all mine for you from now on.

    Hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ami :)

      Well, Wilma is fond of calling Ryan the mountain or Mount Ryan...then out of the blue a woman of church referred to him as a "mountain of a man"....I nearly died laughing. hahhahaha!

      They are real tools that he collects...not uh, things to whack his angelic wife with ;)

      Duck Dynasty is a reality show....not about Donald Duck....they make duck calls....you should google it, it is too crazy for me to even explain!

      And yes, you can forward all of your wings to ME!

      Delete