It's two hearts....one dream....I wouldn't trade it for anything....and I ask the Lord every night....for just another day in paradise.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

To spank or not to spank.........

That was never really a question. Eventually,  I knew that the time would come when Ryan would have to take the next step.  Life was going really, really well.  We were getting along better than we ever had.....but I knew me, and I knew eventually my good nature would wear off.  I knew we were going to have a coming to Jesus moment, even if Ryan did not believe it.  We talked a lot about what we were going to do in that moment when my June Cleaver-ness faded.  I honestly felt like Ryan believed that we would just go on forever....living in this state of blissful euphoria.

The night the inevitable happened I had been working on a craft project that I was giving as a gift the next day at a party.  To set the scene, I had been working on this thing for four hours.  It wasn't until I was through, that I realized it was ALL wrong. Grrrr!  When Ryan got home I was in a mood.  He looked at what I had made, and I could tell that he knew the thing was a mess.  So, being in a completely reasonable state of mind (NOT!) I asked him what he thought of it......yes, that my friends was a loaded question.  There was no way that he could answer correctly.  Kind of like, "Does this dress make me look fat?"   "Does my butt look big in these jeans?" See what I mean?  The poor man was screwed!  

He tried to help me, tried to ask me what I wanted....and I just shut down.  I think he saw our new way of life slipping away, and he was not going to have it.  He took one look at me and I knew the jig was up....this is how it unfolded:

Get over here now!

What?? Whyyyyyy?

I am going to spank you, that is why!

Huh, wha.....I thought you said.....

After he glared at me with a look I swear I will never forget, I reluctantly plodded over to him.  He took my arm, and led me over his lap.  Up went my nightshirt and down went everything else.  By the second smack in he stopped.

Okay, this is way too loud.  We have got to figure something else out.

By this time he has me sitting up on his lap, and I am in no way going to offer any suggestions.  

I know you have been online, and I have heard you talk about things that I can spank with   that are quiet.  What are they?

Ryan this is not necessary.....I mean really...

Oh, no this is going to happen.  I will not go back to the way things were, I am NOT going to have you mad at me for the next three days....now what are they?

Well someone said something about wooden spoons....

Do you have any?

NO!

Are you lying?

NO!  I really don't.

Okay, what else?

*Sigh* Those paint stick, stirrer thingies.

At this point he gets up and leaves the room and I hear him rummaging around the house. Now this whole thing would have been completely hilarious.....if it would not have been my bottom that was about to get nailed.  I mean really, here it is one o'clock in the morning and my darling husband is tearing up the house looking for something to spank my butt with.....good times ;)  Eventually he comes back with some sort of wood thing and I ask:

What is THAT thing?

A shim.

A whaaaa??

A shim, it is a piece of wood.  I used these when I put the floor down.

And you are going to spank me with THAT?

Yes, come here.

He says all of this with the utmost calm and in control voice......like it is the most normal thing in the world, and apparently there is something wrong with me.  I hesitated....I was scared.....not of him...just the unknown.  It took all of the strength I could muster to walk to him.  I looked at him with fear in my eyes and he held me for a minute.

Do you want to go back to the way things were Lucy?

No.

I don't either.  I don't want to go back to fighting, and you not talking to me for days.  I love the life we have built in the last few weeks....and I don't want it to go away.

I nodded my head in agreement.....I think he took that as his cue to start.  So he did, and I lived....and I cried....and he forgave me....and he loved me....and helped me make things better. 

 That night I think we both learned a lot.  We both learned that he could and would spank me if need be.  We learned that for whatever reason it helped reset us....fix our dynamic....and by God no one would be mad three days later....THAT was the best part.  When it was over it was over.  For the weeks that followed we were confused....not sure if what we were doing was right.....if it was something we should be doing....but we just kept chugging along.  We gained so much that night....not the least of which was believing that our marriage was worth fighting for.


12 comments:

  1. OK, a shim.
    Well, if it works for you, then it is fine, I suppose.
    This is the hard part, do you spank, or do you give up.
    I'm glad you two decided what is best for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have to say I was less than thrilled....I guess you just made do with what you have. The shim was put into an early retirement after its debut ;) Deciding the next step was hard, but yes, much better than just giving up. I am not sure why it works.....as another blogger has said....it is just good not to over think these things. Thanks, as always, for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie :)
    Lucy this is just such an honest and beautiful story of a couple just starting! How icky you both are to discover this so early on in your marriage ;) You have a wonderful man in Ryan, he is committed to your family and your marriage and willing to do the difficult thing.
    That is the making of a wonderful happy ending, my dear. Enjoy and I know how exasperated those craft projects can be.....you needed to channel lilmisses, she is a pro in the crafting department.
    Have a nice weekend and you made me smile.
    Ian read this post last night and loved it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Lucy - I meant lucky - not icky in my comment........sorry :)

      Delete
    2. Well, the spanking part is kinds icky ;) No, seriously I wish we could have found this at the beginning of the marriage....but who knows maybe we would not have been ready at that point in our lives. I guess these things happen when they are supposed to.

      I feel completely silly that a crafting project gone awry got me spanked....seems really stupid looking back....I will blame hormones :p

      I am glad you both enjoyed the post. Hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Hi Lucy Lou! What a defining moment in your marriage! Ryan sounds great. So committed to you and your relationship. I know, sometimes it's very difficult and scary to get through a spanking. I agree, the very best thing about a spanking, is when it's over and the slate has been wiped clean. You get to put it all behind you (no pun intended.... well maybe a little, lol), and just move forward. I'm glad you made the right choice. Both of you! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CG~ Definitely the bonus in getting spanked is knowing that it is over and forgiven. It was definitely a hurdle to get past the first time, but I am glad that we made it through.

      As always....thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. I love how your relationship has evolved. I can't wait to read more! It sounds like you are making great strides toward a healthy relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lilmisses~ We have come a long way since that day. It was a very defining moment for us....made ttwd real for the first time.

      I am really enjoying your blog by the way...I visit quite often :) Hope you are having a good day.

      Delete
  6. Hey Lucy, I read this when you first published it, but I was merely a lurker back then. Today I read it to Barney, and we giggled, mostly because they may have been your words, but they could totally be coming from my mouth. Especially getting spanked over the frustration of a craft ! I make cakes, that keep me up til all hours of the night and usually Barney comes home to a kitchen stained with all the colours of the rainbow and fondant and sugar everywhere. That coupled with a discouraged wife, doesn't make a great combo. So we laughed, ( sorry ) because we figured this would most likely be how I meet my demise !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wilma~

      Crafts are not my friend :D I still cannot believe the first time my husband spanked me was over something so silly. I would like to say that is the only time something so trivial got me spanked ;)

      It is okay you laughed, even good. Ryan and I laugh A LOT over the things I choose to get myself in trouble over. Of course, after the fact.

      I cannot imagine the kind of trouble I could get in over trying to decorate a cake....it would be epic :D

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I am so happy you chose to de-lurk yourself. I am even happier you have started a blog :D

      Delete