Well, after all of my serious posts.....I figured I needed to lighten things up around here. The title of this post is true...Ryan has started talking in his sleep.....and I DO NOT like what I am hearing.
One night a few months ago, before the rule about no TV/Laptop in bed was established he had his first episode. It went something like this:
I was trying to unplug the now banned laptop from the outlet that was between our headboard and the wall. While doing this I inadvertently bumped a sleeping Ryan in the head with my elbow....oops! He then leans up and gives me that look and says:
What do you think you are doing little girl?
Um, well I was trying to unplug the laptop. Sorry about your head.
I am going to tell you something right now, if you get out of this bed one more time I am going to blister your behind.
I was like what the WHAT? He had never called me little girl before and never used the term blister and behind in the same sentence. After this exchange he started snoring.....which to me was a good indication that he was indeed talking in his sleep. Being the smart person that I am (insert sarcasm here), I decided to ask him about it the next day...
Uh, Ryan.....Do you remember talking to me about the laptop last night?
No, why....what did I say?
So I kinda laughed the whole thing off while I replayed the exchange to him. He just listened and said Hmmmm....and walked away. That should have been my first clue. Shortly after, he stopped letting me stay up late watching TV in bed. I am now forced fall to asleep in my husband's arms.....the big meanie!
A few days later he asked if he had talked anymore in his sleep. I cannot lie to save my soul, so I was forced to tell him about incident #2....
I have a list of things that I need to accomplish each day. Actually, we both have goals for each week....I am just held accountable for mine...grrrr. On this particular night he had fallen asleep before me, and I was silently reveling in the fact that I did not have a list the next day.....he had forgotten...or so I thought....he started patting my bottom gently and then....
Babe, I know you do not have anything on your agenda tomorrow....but something had better get accomplished....Do we understand each other?
I am looking at him like he had lost his mind....and his patting became more insistent so I quickly blurted out that I understood....and again the man goes back to snoring!
So....what do you all think this means? I think subconsciously he is getting more and more confident in his role....which makes me and my butt a little nervous. Especially since every now and again he asks me about his sleep talking.......
Next time he wakes up and begins talking....I am going to begin to snore loudly....or maybe dump water on his head.....or maybe I need to start feeding him propaganda in his sleep....stuff like: Lucy deserves a day off.....Lucy needs a new wardrobe.....Burn all of the wooden spoons......
I'll let you know how it works out for me ........
OMG, Lucy
ReplyDeleteYou are soooo funny!!
I laughed my butt off.
Do we understand each other? Hilarious.
You know, Ian is just seething HoHie ness - I typed away the other day listening to him pontificating (thank's Susie) and I thought oh my goodness!
I think it must be part of the process.
Now - go to bed and no tv!
:D
Okay....I am going to have to start using pontificating....that is a good one ;)
DeleteRyan I think is oozing the HOHness himself....not sure what to make of it....but I thought it was interesting....and even funny, if it were not MY husband..... :)
Have a great day Lillie :)
Lucy, with all your nightly activities, he just has to be in HoH mode 24/7. He is adjusting to your schedule.
ReplyDeleteHe is even a minreader at night. How did he manage to come up with your lacking list, while asleep?
He's good, that man!
Hi Bas :)
DeleteAre you implying that I am a handful?? ;) Ryan always says he is not implying....he is flat out telling me!
I can't figure out the list one either....it was a little freaky. The only thing I can figure out is he saw me checking the list before I went to bed. We keep it upstairs, so we both know what is going on.
The man is a trip!
Have a good one Bas :)
I am with Ryan. I would never just imply.
DeleteBut in this case, I must state that I did not say that you are a handful. You just have an extended schedule.
And he is adapting.
I like that....extended schedule :)
DeleteHi Lucy, this was too funny. I'd say the man is taking the role of HoH really seriously, or maybe Bas is onto something here lol
ReplyDeleteI would go with feeding him propaganda - can't hurt to try can it? :)
Hi Roz :) Thanks for stopping by :)
DeleteI am with you....we will blame Bas! ;)
I think I just may try feeding him propaganda....that could lead to some more interesting blogging!
Have a great day, and thanks for letting me know you were here!
No! No! Not another nest of those Bas-Blamers.
DeleteHelp! I'm innocent.
Oh dear...I'm still giggling.
ReplyDeleteYes, propaganda!
He clearly ponders and makes plans during the day and then percolates on them all night long. You must "help" him along in all the right ways.
Big meanie. (Him, not you. :)
The man has me worried that is for sure! He is obviously thinking about all of this waaaaay too much ;)
DeleteI agree....he is a big meanie ;)
Have a great day Susie!
LOL! That's too funny. I am married to a sleep talker too, although it's usually just a few words and mumbles, not complete sentences. He also laughs in his sleep, which is cute. I usually ask him a question to try to get to say more. He once said, "get that a** over here!" and we had a good laugh about that in the morning (he NEVER remembers the next day:)
ReplyDeleteTess, I replied below...blogger is being a pain today :)
DeleteRyan used to talk in his sleep a long time ago. Only stuff about work.
ReplyDeleteIf he ever does get all HOHy in his sleep....just take notes....and mention nothing about it the next morning ;)
Ryan is enjoying this way too much!
Have a good day Tess :)
Hi Lucy :) I really got a good laugh out of this post! Blue mumbles a lot in his sleep and sometimes does this weird slapping the bed thing with his hand. Maybe he's thinking about me, I don't know.....I haven't asked, I'm not sure I WANT to know, lol. I agree, try out the feeding him propaganda idea, and let us know how it works!!
ReplyDeleteLove the double red hearts, btw! :)
Hi Cg :) Slapping the bed with his hand?? That does not sound good ;) I wouldn't ask either....I would stay clear of the subject!
DeleteUnfortunately Ryan has been reading this blog lately....I fear he is going to be on to my propaganda idea.....oh, well....
I was never all that happy with the hands I used for a picture, but I could not find one that blogger would accept. I think the double hearts fit better. Thanks for noticing!
Have a good one :)
COMPLETELY unfair. Is there a board somewhere? Where you could lodge a complaint? I'd back you up!
ReplyDeleteHi Saoirse~
DeleteThanks for stopping by :)
I have no idea....I think all of us girls need to band together and come up with one.....not sure we would get very far ;)
I really enjoy your blog btw :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious Lucy! Yikes...poor you, you don't even get a break when he's asleep. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Molly :)
DeleteI know right....the man doesn't let all of his HOHiness go for a second ;)
Have a great weekend :)
You've got a full time HoH. If it's showing when he's half asleep, he must have taken ownership of his role on all levels. That's good for both of you (if you are good, of course :)) and the way it should be.
ReplyDeleteMy heart knows it is a good thing....my bottom is a little leery ;)
DeleteNo, seriously....he is a good man. I am one of the lucky ones!
I just recently found your blog....a lot of good stuff in there.
Thanks for stopping by :)