It's two hearts....one dream....I wouldn't trade it for anything....and I ask the Lord every night....for just another day in paradise.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Liar, Liar Something is on Fire

Well this blog post has been stirring around in my head for about 10 days now.  I knew that there was no way that I could move on with this blog, without getting this one out first.  The realization that I had done something wrong started with this post from Susie and then continued with this one.  

Then I read this comment from Bas : Thank you Susie,
You know, MM has been at this for some time and so have I. But that does not mean that we actually understand the reason why our beautiful ladies let's themselves be spanked.
Often we don't look further than crime and punishment. Maybe avoiding the crime, so the poor girl does not need to be punished.It is easy to tell ourselves: "she has done her best, she has been nice. I should give her a break".We are always in danger to think that our women's biggest wish is to avoid spanking. And fulfilling wishes from our women is our goal in life.We tend to forget that there may be a reason why the woman still wants to be spanked even when she does not want to be spanked.We are really very much afraid to make a wrong decision, because, indeed we are imperfect. A wrong decision could be disastrous.That's when we need the woman's input most.And that is what you did, with a very confident MM as a direct result.Thank you for boosting my confidence too. 


After reading all of the above I had that sinking feeling in my stomach....the one that tells you that whether you meant to or not.....you have been misleading....sigh.  I still sat on this information for a few days, unsure of what to do....how to make it better.  A few days later, I landed on this blog of Lillie's and I knew I had some confessing of my own to do.

First I have to say, that I never expected to write what I am about to write.  When I brought Dd to Ryan I was very honest as to the reasons why.  I thought that ttwd would be a good tool for our marriage.  A way to solve conflict, to bring out the dominance Ryan used to easily  show, a way to make us closer.  We have been able to accomplish all of those things and so much more.  To say that we are happier than we have ever been is an understatement.

On to the confession part.  I have been pretty open about the fact that I find myself in trouble quite a bit around here.  I have said, and it is true, I am sassy....feisty....and a tad bit stubborn.  I don't often find myself being truly punished very often.  The way Ryan does things around here is like this:  I am only on the receiving end of a serious spanking for something pretty defiant, dangerous or disrespectful.  The days that I get a little sassy I may find myself otk and receiving enough swats to sting and make a point.  This always served us well.....I would get his point and we would move on.  Well, more often than not we would do our own brand of "making up" and then move on ;)  

So a few months or so ago...I am not clear on the timing.....I found myself on the receiving end of one of these mild otk "meetings", and I found myself the slightest bit turned on.  Eeek!  I was disturbed and had no idea why or what was wrong with me.  I did not tell my husband....remember me....Mrs. Uncomfortable in her own skin????  No way was I going to admit that to him.  What I did do was think about it for the next few days.....and here comes the bad part....plot for ways to find myself in that same position again.....without telling him what was really going on.  Yes, really.  Don't hate me.....I know it is horrible.

The next few weeks saw me being quite the sassy lady around here.  I would find ways to irk him just enough...to you know....get what I wanted and then move on.  Lord, this sounds even worse typing it all out.  Sigh.....  I never really thought about what I was doing to the dynamic of our relationship.....the conflict that I was causing him as HoH.  I just spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was going on with my body and why in the world it chose now to go all haywire on me.  To say I was disturbed would be putting it mildly.

Then the day came that Susie posted her blog series above, and my heart was convicted.  Even though her issue and mine were totally different...at the core of it all we were keeping things that needed to be shared to ourselves.  I also read with tears Bas' comment on her blog, and I copied it and emailed it to myself....and read it every day trying to gain the confidence to do the right thing.  While all this turmoil was going on in my head.  Ryan was becoming exasperated with my, in his view, sudden and ongoing disrespect.  One day in the midst of trying to get what I wanted...I pushed too much....and found myself on the end of a spanking that I did not want.  I remember him saying that he did not know what was up with me lately, but he had had enough.  Sigh.....

The day that Lillie's blog post that I linked to was published, I finally had the courage to talk to Ryan.  That was my tipping point.  Our normal talk day is Sunday....but we found ourselves alone in our room, and the boys were asleep.  We were talking and putting together Christmas lights....and I decided enough was enough.  I asked if I could talk to him...read him a few things....and he agreed.  I started with parts of Susie's blogs....and then I got to Lillie's.  And about that time I am crying, and he is wondering what is wrong with me.  I told him the best that I could....with my hands over my face....that I had essentially lied to him.   I explained about why I had pushed him....that the little spankings were causing a fire in all the wrong places so to speak....and I had no idea what to do to make it stop.  

You have to know that in our old life, before ttwd, we NEVER talked about anything like this. No s-e-x talk....no way.  Not because of Ryan, but because of me.  I was very embarrassed by the whole thing.  Truly.  Our lovemaking was very rigid....I was one of those don't do that, don't touch me there...kinda girls.  I just felt like if I ever admitted that I actually liked something that he would think less of me.....again yes really.  The fact that I was able to tell him about the spanking thing was monumental.  Although, the whole conversation included lots of tears and then me burying my head in the covers.  I wanted to die.

I figured after this confession that I was in for it.  After all, I had lied to him....and that is just a huge no go in any relationship.  Ryan got up and sat beside me....he made me sit up and look at him.  And then he did something I will never forget.  He held my hands, and wiped my eyes and said that I was not broken....there was nothing wrong with me....and that he understood.  He was not happy with the lying.....but he was beyond thrilled that I could come to him and admit something like this <~~~~~I so did not see that coming.  And then in typical male fashion he tried to blame himself....some sort of hooey about me being conditioned to liking those types of spankings because of our make up sessions afterwards.  

Ryan was very serious when he said that lying about this would no longer be tolerated.  If I wanted to "play" as he put it, then I needed to tell him that and he would gladly oblige.  BUT, if I started any of the shenanigans I was using to try and get my way....I would be getting way more than I bargained for....enough said!  We talked a lot about how we can differentiate between the different kinds of spankings.  Ways that we can make correction, maintenance, stress relief, and play all very different.  And then, he said that we needed practice at playing....and much to my chagrin and embarrassment we did.....eeek!  

I have no idea how to get over this.....what to do.....how to put the genie back in the bottle so to speak.  I am still very concerned that this has happened, while he is not the least bit concerned that his wife is turned on by all of this.  I would have never guessed that what has happened would ever happen to me....and now that it has....what in the heck do I do?  How do I get over being embarrassed.....there is no way I can see myself asking for this.....why do I get mad when he suggests it.......when will I ever be comfortable in my own skin????

31 comments:

  1. I don't think Susie realized quite the effect her post was going to have on us DD wives. Lillie, you and yes me too.

    I think the comfort will come in time. You opening up to him with this was a huge step. Now that he took it well, it will probably be easier the next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana~

      I agree, Susie never saw all of this coming....bless her heart. I am so glad she...and then Lillie had the courage to write what they did....

      And I am glad that you shared your story also. I have said it so many times, we never know who reads what we write, or how it may affect them. I am so glad so many of you choose to put yourselves out here :)

      I have no idea what is going to come of all of this. It was a huge step...just actually saying the words. I guess we'll just have to wait and see......

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  2. And this is a problem how? Women everywhere are trying to achieve what you are "vexing" about. Be glad for both of you and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny....

      I have no idea how this is a problem.....but it is.....sigh...

      I am trying to just go with it, so to speak. Ryan is in no way seeing the problem either. He took all of this very well...a little too well ;)

      I will try to be glad....and get comfortable, and enjoy the ride.

      Thanks for not making me feel like a weirdo :D

      Delete
  3. The "I want you to spank me" talk took me 33 years. I regret not talking about it sooner. Now we seldom make love without at least a little spanking. You won't regret it. I did feel like I was a weirdo, but after reading so many people having the same thoughts, it feels more normal now. (but it's still our secret and he is sworn to secrecy). God Bless You and all you love, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Belle :)

      Thank you for your thoughts :) I know what you mean about feeling weird....I am just so unsure of all of this. It totally took me by surprise! I am looking forward to this being "normal" for me too. And I agree if Ryan ever said anything....well, I would die!!!!

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  4. Yay! Yay! Yay!! You did it! I smiled throughout the whole thing.

    I'm so proud of you !!!!!

    I told you then, and I'll tell you again..There is NOTHING wrong with you! Others have told you now, and more will.

    You have a understanding husband. Trust him. Grow together in this too. WITHOUT SHAME!

    I LOVE YOU !

    WilliE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Wilma....you lovable nut :D

      I am glad you smiled all the way through.....I hit publish, and went to bed and pulled the covers over my head. I was sure this was a sign of the Apocalypse or something.... ;)

      I am so glad you told me early on that I was normal...I am trying very hard to believe you and Ryan...truly.

      He was so understanding....and a little thrilled....and I am just trying to learn to accept that this is me :)

      I love you too :D

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  5. Oh Lucy...this sounds so *wonderful*. It may not feel wonderful at the moment, but it is so honest and forthright and brave. Good for you! Good for you! Good for you!

    Sometimes it takes a while to muster the courage to be honest about things that you normally wouldn't talk about. How wonderful that both of you used this talk to move forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana :)

      I don't feel very brave, but thank you for saying that :) Like I told Wilma, I hit publish and went and hid in my bed...yes really ;) Sigh....

      God love my husband he has been so good through all of this. You know, he had every right to be upset with me, and instead he chose to just listen to me and love me. I think he saw how hard this was for me....and he overlooked the dishonesty.

      I have no idea where this new road will lead.....I guess we will all have to wait and see....

      Thanks for coming by and not thinking I am some kind of nut!!!

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  6. Aww Lucy - I am so proud of you for being honest.

    So you discovered you have a bit of spanko in you - so what. If Ryan is ok with it, that's all that matters.

    Accept the fact that you have a loving husband who is willing and able to give you whatever you need. There is no shame in anything that is done between two consenting, loving adults. I think the more you two 'play', the more comfortable you will become.

    Let me put it to you this way, you follow blogs of several ttwd/spankos but I bet you don't consider them weirdos - so why are you a weirdo?

    BTW, I have always been a spankno but if I discovered a spanko inside me, it would not be the end of the world or make me a weirdo.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat.....

      You are so right.....all of the blogs I read....and I don't think any of the people who write them are weird. But somehow, when it was ME, it was abnormal. Makes no sense......

      I do feel so lucky that Ryan is who he is....and does not make me feel bad for all of this happening. In his words, "I am not broken, so why in the world would he try to fix this."

      Sigh..... I will get there....I hope.

      Thanks for coming by...this was a hard one to write.

      ~Lucy

      Delete
    2. Look at it this way - as we grow, our tastes change in food, clothing, reading materials, music, etc. We are always discovering new things we like and/or don't like. Why should it be any different in our sensual lives? Hope this helps you learn to accept all parts of you Lucy.

      Definitely go read more on Ward and Junes blog, it is absolutely wonderful and I think their honest, open, and loving posts will help you come to that acceptance.

      Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
    3. Yes, that makes sense...about tastes changing. It shouldn't be any different....with this type of thing.....I guess it is just harder for me to wrap my head around.

      I read a lot of Ward and June's blog....I commented to Susie below that I often lurk because I honestly have nothing of value to add...mostly I am left with "wow"....they are just amazing. If I can be half that comfortable with this, I am golden!

      Thanks Cat! Everyone has been so nice....and I so needed that.

      Delete
  7. *ahem* My name is June, and I'm a spanko. It's kind of funny because for me it has been the opposite. How can I move from the desire for the erotic aspect of it to ask for TTWD? Luckily the progression was quite natural with Ward, and luckily we worked out the kinks (not THOSE kinks thank goodness, the sticky wicket kind). For me the wicket was asking for the disciplinary kind, asking for more than slap and tickle, asking to be taken in hand. And people assume generally that you can't spank a spanko for discipline, but you can, believe me. It's about tone, and execution and not necessarily severity.

    I have received discipline and felt I deserved more and asked for correction. Ward though is generally excellent at interpretating what I need usually before I know myself. We've written on our blot before about how we separate those kinds, there's always cuddling and reconnection but no lotions or intimacy after correction, that comes later after the lesson has been absorbed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June :D

      You know, somehow I knew that about you ;) And for some reason, when it was someone else...I was like "good for them" or "that is awesome"....but when it was me....oh good Lord I was sure that I had some kind of disease. Why are we always so hard on ourselves???

      We are talking through the differences....how we can make it separate. I will look some things up on your blog....after all tonight it the weekly blog night at the Ryan/Lucy household ;)

      Thank you for taking the time to comment, and offer support. Truly. This was so hard for me to write...to admit to myself....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  8. I think your husband is wonderful! His response is what it should have been. He even discussed how to have it all, and the way you will differentiate.
    It is wonderful to be able to share your needs and desires (ANY). We all get embarrassed at times. Being a spanko is a good thing, no matter how you both discuss your needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle :)

      I think he is pretty wonderful too :D

      I am so grateful he responded as well as he did. I think that he knew if he got angry for the dishonesty it would have made me never want to open up to him again. He knows how hard that was for me.

      I was/am very embarrassed by the whole thing....but I pray that with time and "practice" I will get over myself :)

      Thanks for commenting on this mess....and for supporting me. This was hard to write about!

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  9. Lucy, in a typical male reaction I am sorry about writing that comment. I'm sad that it caused tears.
    On the other hand, I'm glad that Susie's post and maybe even my comment, helped in this breakthrough.
    Your reaction to the physical things is not weird. I mentioned in a post, not long ago, that Lisa got angry when I noticed that she got turned on by spanking.I wish that I had reacted as good as Ryan did.
    Bur I even think that Lisa is avoiding those little spankings now, just so that she will not be ashamed for her physical reaction.
    Listen to Sunnygirl.
    And to Ryan.
    Hugs,
    Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bas :)

      Not for one second do I want you to be sorry....or Susie...or Lillie. It just so happened that things happened out here in blogland that caused me to stop and think. Yes, some of it made me cry...but in this case....that was part of getting to the other side of my issue. Please keep commenting :D

      I remember very well that post that you wrote about with Lisa...because I commented on it....and felt that maybe I was a prude....and you were the one who pointed out being uncomfortable in one's own skin. It was an ah-ha moment for me. I am not sure what to do when my body chooses to go all haywire and reacts the way that it does......

      I guess in time I will (hopefully) learn to accept that this is just part of me. I hope that Lisa can do the same. I suppose life is too short to let something like this ruin what could be.

      Hugs to you too my friend.....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  10. Hiya Lucy!
    Everyone has already said it all but you did great! This way of life ends up going deep--fast! We are caught learning all about Dd and then we start feelings these yearnings inside and realize that the discovery process leads us to finding parts of ourselves that we have always left alone. While I probably qualify as a spankno, I have grown so much in my understanding of what spanking does for me so I get that part a little bit. I've never experienced the emotional intimacy that we experience now...and spanking is consistently part of that. Like you, the physical intimate piece makes me want to hide under a blanket. LOL, I want to hide while writing this!

    So...to clarify one more time...there is nothing wrong with you! I loved how Ryan handled you. Like my M he was so understanding about the uncomfortable stuff but then laid the law down on the hiding/dishonesty. M did the same thing. We need to be honest all the time...ugh, it's hard! I guess you are just going to have to learn how to play. :)

    I'm not teasing! You, Lillie, myself and a collection of other women are all working on the same thing even if the circumstances are different and while my heart hurts for you to know that this has been hard, each of our growing pains is going to be good for our marriages.

    I am thankful for these posts. We as a group are good for each other and we need to speak these words out loud sometimes in order to convict our own hearts. Little do we know how they will play a part in someone else's life. It's good. Hey Bas...if you happen to read comments, your words out here are really appreciated. Only a few of you men are able and willing to leave comments. It helps us ladies process in a different way and yeah, sometimes there are a few tears, but it's okay!

    Lucy, I agree with Cat. Read more of June's blog if you can. It will help you feel a bit more comfortable. You might want to browse over at Elysia's blog too, if you haven't been there. She doesn't get a chance to write often but she talks about all these things too and will get you thinking. blissfulelysia.worpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie :)

      Can I just tell you how happy I am that you had the courage to write those two posts? I am so thankful for everyone in this community...the willingness to write the things that are so hard to put out to the world!

      It is so hard for me to sort all of this out. I felt like we were finally hitting s stride, and then my body decided to throw me a curve ball. So....now to sort all of that out. In a way, I guess it is a good thing...because it has forced me to talk a lot about things that I would rather just keep under wraps. But, seeing how happy me opening up made Ryan....made me realize that maybe we needed this???? To make me communicate these types of things with him. Sigh.....

      Everyone has been so kind, and I am so grateful. I honestly didn't know what to expect....but this is certainly better than what I thought :) I read quite a bit of June's blog....don't comment as much as I should, because half the time I have nothing of value to say. Most of the time I am thinking....."wow"....they are an amazing couple! I will check out the other blog you suggested.

      I really appreciate you commenting on this....offering your support....and not thinking I am terrible for lying in such a way....or thinking I am a weirdo ;)

      Hugs my friend.....

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  11. Oh Lucy, my dear.
    I had a life changing reaction to a "just because I said so, re-establish who is the big cheese round here spanking". I couldn't believe it and it caused a rift between Ian and I for awhile, because he thought that this was a game to me.
    It isn't and I don't just think I am in denial. I would admit it if I was always turned on by spankings, I really would - but wouldn't that make me want them?
    I like and crave erotic spanking encounters, but punishment - no thanks.
    At the time, I remember Mick writing to me that Ian was lucky if I reacted that way and to stop beating myself up about it. I did.
    It hasn't changed anything. Dd is as good as ever and if it starts happening, I tell Ian and he stops and we talk and usually decide that this isn't a good time for discipline.
    Sometimes we make love and sometimes not, because it doesn't change the fact that he might be legitimately angry with me (hence the punishment), but he decides and that is okay with me.
    It sounds like Ryan is completely okay with everything and it is more you getting comfortable with the feeling - take Mick's advice and be happy.
    hugs and love
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lillie :)

      Well what can I say??? Never, ever thought that this would be me. I nearly died when I read your blog and saw that you had talked about Susie's blog and then also Bas' comment. It was a very surreal moment to me. I appreciate so much that you were able to type that post.....it truly was my tipping point.

      I like you, can do without the true punishment spankings. It was during a little reminder type spanking....one for my usual brand of sass....that *it* happened. My word..... I never ever saw this happening to ME!

      So far, it hasn't changed our day to day. He knows my little secret....and he is more than okay with it. For us, we are just trying to make sure that when I need to be truly remorseful I am not thinking about, ahem, other things.

      I am trying to be happy truly. I just can't express how far out in left field this all seems. I am so grateful to all of you for being so kind. I really needed the support...

      Hugs and love right back at ya :D

      Delete
  12. As someone who has always prided herself on being "normal" I empathize with you. I have always had a hard time talking about sex... I would blame My Love for anything we did that I considered "weird". Somehow blaming him made it seem more ok. It does get easier. Though we do still have many of theae types of conversations UTC (under the covers). LOL! Just keep talking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so cool that you stopped by today....I just visited your blog for the first time today! I loved your post and totally agree with what Susie said btw :D

      I get what you are saying about blaming him making things easier. When I talked to another blogger about this, she pointed out that admitting this can't be any worse than bringing up Dd in the first place. To me, admitting this was much worse....because this was for ME....Dd was for both of us, so he could kind of share the "blame" so to speak.

      Most of our sex talks or uncomfortable conversations occur with the lights off at night...or with my head buried in my hands. Let us hope it does get easier....it sounds like you know exactly how this all makes me feel.

      Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

      ~Lucy

      Delete
    2. I couldn't help but literally laugh out loud reading this! I could've written it myself. Most of our talks are in bed with the light off as well :)

      Funny how things work, huh? This is my first time visiting you as well. I've heard around town that you need a van to get around...so do I! The mommy-mobile!

      It's nice to "meet" you

      Delete
  13. Lucy, I am happy to read this. I am so glad and proud that you talked to Ryan about something that was extremely hard for you to discuss and were honest. Sounds like Ryan handled the situation wonderfully, and considered your feelings.

    You have nothing to worry about and there is nothing 'wrong' with you. You have a wonderful husband who is willing and able to give you want you need. I know it feels strange right now, but I bet given a little 'practice' and time your reservations will soon disappear :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz :)

      Ahhh, thanks :D I am glad that the talk is over.....and now hopefully we can move forward....and I can get comfortable with whatever is going on here.

      He handled it much better than I did....I was a mess!

      Thanks so much for the support Roz :D

      Hugs right back at ya!

      ~Lucy

      Delete
  14. Hey Lucy,
    This is so courageous for you to share with us and I too hide under the covers with these kinds of things. Your Ryan sounds very sweet. I know that must have been very hard for you to share with him and sounds confusing for you to.
    We don't practice DD, but I had a very memorable experience once with spanking and hope to someday have it again. I suppose that makes me a spanko. I don't know...I will just say I liked what happened in that moment:) I still haven't been able to confess to my husband how very much I liked it and wish he would do that again:)
    I don't think it makes you weird at all and am glad that you were able to come clean. Don't be to hard on yourself!
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bea :)

      Well, watch me be a hypocrite....ready??? Don't be like me!! Talk to your husband...truly, you can do it. ;)

      Okay, now me being real....It was an uncomfortable conversation....but truly I *am* glad that I told him. He was so good about the whole thing....and I am betting if you told your husband your little secret, he would be equally as thrilled. Men kinda have a tendency to be like that :)

      I am so glad you stopped by....I really didn't feel all that brave at the time....you know hiding under the covers and all....I guess all that matters is I got it out!

      ~Lucy

      Delete